Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Today is Saturday 04/25/2020

            If you were sitting there wondering, “What is Don doing this Saturday”, I will try to respond. I guess I should start with, did you mean is the Don sad and depressed. Does he just sit around and cry about not having any fun, not able to go out and not having lunch at a restaurant. Is Don so unhappy that he sits in his little ole office with the light off? Is it true that none of his friends ever call him?          Nope it isn’t true!
            Maybe the truth is that Don is saving about $100 every week, not going out for food. It could be that he is staying busy messing around with the scrap wood from the ole Fort. It is possible that he has received and or made calls, to or from, ole friends in Missouri, Illinois, and right her in Texas. He might also get text messages from various people. 
            In truth, we would like to get back to what we consider as normal. I assume that during the near future we will continue washing our hands, wearing the masks, and disinfecting things. We are looking for more disinfecting wipes as they make it easier disinfecting things.
            I learn things, it seems, at a slower rate than real people. I was working on a scrap wood project yesterday, and instead of using the square to measure and mark the boards for cutting, I used another piece of wood which I thought was the correct size as a pattern. Having the item 80% together I observed an incorrect cut. Yes I was able to jury-rig the project and correct the error. I am telling myself to measure and not use the so-called pattern pieces.  
                       
            I have a photo that appears to be 72 years old. If you enlarge the photo you might be able to see; 1 my dad, 2 my mom, 3 me, 4 my sister Wilda, 5 my nephew Paul, 6 my sister Shirlene. The photo was taken inside the ole First Pentecostal Church, it was located on south Sprigg St.

Old memories get better the older they are!
Senior wood butcher who plans to measure twice, cut once, Don Ford         

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: