Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Weekends are tough 04/11/2020

            For me, staying at home during the week isn’t tough, I normally stay at home. Now the weekends are different. In the olden days (aka a month ago), we went out for lunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Confinement, voluntary or forced mess things up. Enough about me, subject change!
            This is Easter weekend, and as some of you may know, this is a very religious weekend! There is another part to Easter and it is the, “Easter Bunny”. I have a photo that kind of depicts both aspects. The placement of said items were totally accidental. Click to explore.   
                                               
                                               
            The flag is Easter related also, it was placed there by my favorite wife. Did you notice the flag has white flowers, and the flower bed has white flowers also?       
            An ole Easter Egg Hunt just popped into my rusty old brain. This story takes place at a ball park in south Cape Girardeau Missouri. This ball part was located at the top of, “Toll gate hill”. Now if you are a senior person, and if you ever lived in south Cape, then you will know where Toll Gate Hill is. The hill was known as Toll Gate Hill because at one time there was a toll gate, and one had to pay to drive on the road on Toll Gate Hill.
            Enough history, back to the Easter egg hunt. I was probably 6 years old when the Pentecostal Church that we went to, had this Easter egg hunt for the kids (so well over 65 years ago). The Easter bunny went to the ball park and hid the eggs mostly around the infield. Then they turned all us kids lose, and we begin to find the eggs. For some unknown reason I walked toward the pitcher’s mound, where I found The Golden Egg. I remember I got some kind of prize for finding the golden egg, but I don’t remember what the prize was. Olden Days, wow!

           
May your weekend be blessed and safe!

Senior Easter egg hunter, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: