Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Trash it up Saturday 04/18/2020

            The title line indicates what I am hoping for, Trash Saturday. Now I do want to state that by trashing it up I do not mean the kind of trash that some of you are thinking about, instead I am talking about tree limbs and other trash that needs to be hauled off.
            Last month the city did not have trash day due to the possibility of bad weather, I would have thought they would have used the virus as an excuse but they chose bad weather.
            My trailer has been loaded for over two months and the grass under it is dying because there is no sun light getting to the ground. Heck, there are birds that have nest in the brush on my trailer. If I get to haul it off they will be without a Homestead.
            I am writing this on Friday, I most often write one day ahead. Today I need to go out to the ole employer and pick up some items that I ordered. Interesting note (at least it is interesting to me) I understand that they are working a bunch of OT, have hired some new employees, and they are supposed to work this Sunday!  I worked at that employer for 40 years and I can only remember working a couple Sundays. I assume they are trying to get the inbound unloaded, checked, hauled and put away. In the olden days employees were paid double time if they worked on Sunday or a holiday, not true at my ole employer anymore. 
            Also, today (Friday) I need to go by the bottle store, my spouse of 51 years needs to go to the Wally store, we might need to go to one other store for some cat food.
            We know of people who have gotten their free money from the government. We here at the Ford Homestead have not received any free money. I guess we have too much income from our social security check. We hope you all enjoy your free money. L 
            Today is Saturday. I drove out by the dump site at 7:00 to see if they were open. There was a line of vehicles, possibly only 10 or so. From what I could see they would not be chipping the limbs, and there was no dump trucks for the trash. I drove back home and removed some of the items from the trailer and placed them in the back of the ford’s ole Chevy. They normally open at 7:00am so I returned to the site and parked in line about 7:30. They did not open until 8:00! I have a photo of some of the vehicles that were behind in line.
                                                 
            They normally unload the items from your truck or trailer for you, but today each person had to unload their own items, that is why I did not take the trailer. They was social distancing, supposedly. They did have face masks and face shields on their face. It was 8:30 when I was able to unload and head for home.
            Once at home I move the trailer away from the gate and parked in at the back of the yard. Now I can mow the entire yard. Maybe next month I will, be able to get rid of the limbs that are still on the trailer. 
            I have no idea what I will be allowed to do the rest of this Saturday.

Be safe in everything you do today!

Senior trash-ologist and always silly grandpa, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: