Translate

Monday, August 19, 2019

Ventures 08/19/2019

            Saturday, the Ford family ventured out for a noon repast. The entire group was present and we all had a good meal, lots of enjoyable conversation. Prior to leaving the Homestead I ask Alex (youngest person in the group) where he would like to go. He replied, let’s go to the steak house. We went to the one that has a Horn in its name (I try to not advertise without pay).
            Although the food was good, the service was less than expected. The server did not seem to be interested in providing us with quick service. There was a variety of items ordered since there were eight of us eating. It took a while for the food to arrive and it basically came out for one person at a time. I estimate that it was close to five minutes from the time the first meal arrive and the last. My spouse of 5 decades received her food last. Most of us were eating, before she received her food. The food was good just not served as a group.
            After the meal, we had started for the Homestead when I decided to take a detour and drive over to a vehicle dealer, and view some of the cars. Ole senior retired people on a fixed income can look all they like, but can’t buy the nice items that the rest of humanity can. A photo to follow. 
                       
            We have thought about a convertible vehicle for some time. The idea was, after selling the bike we could have a convertible, and when you drive it with the top down, it would be somewhat like riding a bike. It would be nice, but being on a fixed income one can only dream!
            Our daughter-in-law took the time to show me how to use some of the features on Facebook. I have looked at the Facebook when someone would post something, but I have not been a person to post on Facebook. I don’t know that I will be posting but I can, if I feel the need.            
            Got to go, today is Sunday and we are heading out to brunch.
            We had brunch at the usual place and the service, if you can call it that, was less than desirable. My first wife and I sat at the table for close to 10 minutes without a server arriving. The manager was walking around and she ask if we had placed our drink order yet. We had not! She took the order and it was another 4 minutes before we received our drinks.
            Our server finally arrived and apologized saying he was new and just learning what to do. He took our order and my food arrived, it was good. I was taking a bite of my food when I started laughing. I looked at my present wife and she started laughing. She knew why I was laughing! She was the last to get her food yesterday, and it happened again today!
            I had drank my coffee and our server was nowhere to be seen. I stopped another server and asked him to ask our server to refill my coffee. I got a second cup of coffee, but it wasn’t from our server.
            I know the server is new, I left a tip, it was appropriate for the service provided.
                             
May your dreams come to fruition!
                        (For that one person, Fruition, means, completion or finalization)

Seniors on a fixed income, shouldn’t have dreams; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: