Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Messing around 08/24/2019

            I have been working on two projects, one that my spouse of 5 decades wanted me to do, and one that I wanted to do.
            My first wife’s project was to bring the angel into the garage and remove all the lights. For your information, (I would have used the acronym FYI, but some students may not understand FYI) the angel is 7 foot tall and had I believe 800 lights on it. Each light was secured to the angel with a black wire tie, of which each had to be cut off, one at a time. That part of the grueling work is complete. We now need to paint the angel white, and apply new lights. This is the third time I have been allowed to light the angel.
            Instead of the white Christmas lights that we have used in the past, my first wife has purchased rope lights.          Lots of fun ahead!

            Then there is my project, a device to cut the grass around the sprinkler heads. As you should know, I had purchased a device to do that work, but it was short and I would need to bend over to cut the grass. I have now purchased and modified a new device. Photos to follow. 
             
Photo one is the unit after some modification. I needed to expand the opening to fit around the sprinkler. I also cut off a portion of the end making it even all the way around. 

Photo two we see the sprinkler head in front of the new device. 

Photo three, the device is around the head ready to cut the grass.

Now you see how exciting being retired can be.

              Wish you were retired? 


Always occupied with wonderfully stimulating projects; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: