Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Good deed of the day 08/13/2019

            The following is a short representation of events that occurred on August 11th, 2019.

My spouse of over 50 years and I had gone to brunch as usual on a Sunday. On the way home we stopped and one of those farm and home stores were we purchased a replacement rocking chair. We had been discussing this purchase for some time now. We had seen the chair in a previous visit, and the price had been reduced by 60 dollars. We again reviewed the chair and my spouse had a five dollar coupon, so that means a total of 65 dollars off. When we arrived at the checkout I asked for a senior discount, they only give them on Wednesday. I asked for a military veteran discount which I received, that is another five dollars off, 70 dollars off regular price. I could have asked for a first responder discount, but they only give one discount per purchase. 

            Chair purchased, at home I found that the instructions sucked. There is no other word that described the instructions. If it had not been for the color photo on the outside of the box, I would have taken much longer to put it together. It took over three hours to put the chair together.

            By the way, when I completed the chair, my spouse was the first to sit on it. Yep, I worked my fingers to the bone and she jumped on it first!    No respect!

            I said all that to get you to this point. After the rocker was completed, tools put away, my present spouse’s vehicle placed in the garage, my spouse of 5 decades and I, acquired adult beverages and sat outside the garage door in an effort to enjoy the late afternoon. I was on the Ford’s NEW rocker, enjoying my well-deserved beverage. That is when we heard a bird making a lot of noise. We determined it was inside the garage. I went into the garage but could not find a bird. I returned to the Ford’s new rocker and started to sip my beverage, when we again heard a bird. This time I was a little quieter as I enter the garage and there he / she was, a baby sparrow.

            He / she was on the hood of my first wife’s vehicle. I carefully caught this young bird and started out of the garage, when it got away from me. He / she was able to fly a little, but I re-caught the baby. I took the bird to the tree and put him up on a limb. He / she began to climb higher in the tree and that is when an adult came to his / her aid.

            That was my good deed. Will this baby remember that I am a friend?

 

Some simple actions can be good deeds. Both the bird and I felt good!

 

Senior good deed doer; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: