Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Oak trees and acorns 08/20/2019

            We have three red oak trees in the Homesteads front yard. These trees have acorns like crazy, yep I have raked them, swept them with a broom (the broom works good) and vacuumed them. It is a never ending process, starting this time of year through the time the leaves have fallen. Click on the photo below and see the groups of acorns on these small limbs.

                                              
            I have another photo (below) of limbs that I picked up from the front yard, and that was a lot of work for a senior person.
                                               
            Would you believe, we had a wind storm yesterday here in Hewitt and all these limbs were blown out of the trees here at the homestead? I had to pick each of these limbs up and carry them to the drive way. Once the yard was clear I then carried them out to the Ford’s ole trailer. I was hot and sweaty after the work was completed. Shower required!
            I have another photo taken Monday morning. This photo is taken from the roof of the Fords ole house. 

           An ole senior person was on our roof trimming the oak trees, some of the limbs were almost touching the roof and needed to be cut back. No, we did not have a wind storm, I said, “Would you believe”!
            There is no rest for the retired seniors on a fixed income!

            School starts on Tuesday here in Hewitt and we will be taking Gabi to school, and picking Gabi and Alex up each day. The bad part about this is the heat, as one waits in their vehicle at the school in the afternoon.
            I may have been wrong! The heat in the afternoon is bad but, my first wife and I drove Gabi to school today. We left the Homestead at 7:40am and we arrived back at the Homestead at 8:30am. It is about one mile from the Homestead to the Jr. High school. School starts at 8:10am and there were still hundreds of cars in line at that time. There is three grade schools and a High school within a mile of the Homestead. Does that say traffic jam? I also understand they have consolidated the Jr. High, which adds hundreds of students, to be in our way on the way to school.
            Another school situation, Alex in the 4th grade did not want his mother to walk in with him. I guess he is becoming independent. That is tough on Mom!

First day of anything, can be challenging!

Senior problem solver; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: