Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

He was lost 08/07/2019

               I have only two photos for today’s posting, hopefully they will be self-explanatory.
  
                                                         
               I knew there would be one of you who would not understand the photos. First click on the photo to enlarge. Second, look close to the left side of the tree at ground level. That is a baby blue jay who seemed to have fell out of a nest, but I could not see a nest. He / she eventually hopped out of our yard and into the neighbor’s yard. I decided to catch him / her and put her / him into the neighbor tree, in an attempt to keep the cats away from him / her.
                                                             
               The above photo is of a flower bed around a tree. Now if you had ever done yard work in a yard with trees, you would know there are roots that grow from the bottom of the trees. You rich people have someone else do the work, so you will not understand much of this posting. If you have flower beds made from blocks around the tree, you would know that the roots have a tendency to move the blocks. Roots had moved our blocks, the blocks were uneven, and the angel was leaning. 
               I was forced, I mean it was requested that I take action to correct the situation. I brought a bag of dirt from the hot house, some tools to dig in the dirt, a mat to sit on, a large glass of water and an electric fan. The fan was positioned to provide air flow to the senior person’s ole body. By the way, I did the work after lunch when the temp was much hotter, but the area was shaded. I try to not work in the noon day sun, or any other sun!
               I did not chop the tree roots out of the ground, I did add some dirt to help level the playing field (aka flower bed). I removed all the blocks from the white flag (its small you may have to look closely) to the blocks the flower pot is sitting on. The work is a success, and the angel should not fall over.
               I did get a couple odd looks from neighbors, but if they had thought of having a fan in the yard when they were working, if they ever work in their yards, it would not have been funny to them. 

Proper planning makes the work more productive!

Senior Fellow at The Ford Institute for Labor Scheduling: Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: