Translate

Monday, August 5, 2019

What did I do August 5, 2019

               Friday: Too hot to do much. I went to the Home store and purchased a piece of plywood. I stopped at the Star coffee place and got a cup of coffee on the way home. I used the ply wood to make a portable work bench by placing it on a cart that I have.
               The plywood top is removable so I can use the cart as a cart or as a portable work bench.  All too often I have a small project where I need a work bench, so I go to the ole shed and bring a folding table to the house, and use it as a work bench. 
               As I worked on the top, attaching four pieces of wood to the bottom side of the plywood, I had the Ford’s new fan running on low. I have found that the fan moves air all around in the garage, and one can feel air flow even when they are not in front of the fan. It moves so much air on low, I can’t imagine a need to run it on medium or high.
            Oh, I just realized, I had not explained that on Thursday afternoon, I called another Freight store and they had 6 of the fans. I drove 30 miles one way to get the fan. There is work being done on I-35 in Temple Texas, and my exit was blocked, so I drove a few more miles before I could turn around and head back. I had my GPS and it is a good thing as I would not have found the store after missing my turn off. Fan purchased, fan put together, it works like a champ, although I have never known a champ, and don’t really know how they work.   
            It is dryer than popcorn down here and we are watering our yards, at least most of us are. Although I did not want to, I did mow the Fords yards, (front and back) Friday afternoon.  They did need to be mowed but I didn’t want too. All the neighbors had mowed their yards which basically forced me to do the same. They do look a lot nicer now! I am considering changing the watering schedule from 2 to 3 times a week.  

            Saturday: I did nothing.

            Sunday: After lunch and a good nap I went into the Ford’s ole garage and painted the new plywood bench top. Two coats of white paint on either side, then I decided to take a needed break. I secured a cold drink and sit down on the ole rocker. Suddenly and with little notice, a breeze kicked up, there was cool air blowing and a dark cloud overhead. Something started to fall from the sky. As I looked at the drive way there were spots appearing on the cement. What could this be? As the falling moister increased, I sat there enjoying the free shower. A neighbor drove by and waved, I wonder what he thought about the ole retired person sitting in the rain. He didn’t stop to help me get out of the ole rocker and then into the dry garage. I did get a photo as proof of the water event!

                                              
            Allow me to provide a few more photos of the hard work accomplished by a retired senior person. Click and ye shall believe!
                                                                      
First photo is of the Fords ole cart. Second photo shows the new plywood top. Third photo shows wheel chocks.

What else might come from a senior’s brain!

Senior inventor and presenter; Don Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: