Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Bug out 08/06/2019

            What the heck does Bug Out mean? One might say it means, “To get away from”, while others might think it means, “The bug is outside”. Either definition is ok, if that is your non-observant attitude. I came up with the title line the other afternoon as I was sipping an adult beverage while sitting on the Ford’s ole rocker.   

          I was looking at the sky, there was an ominous looking dark cloud overhead, and it was starting to sprinkle a little rain, but the sun was still shining. The temperature had cooled down about 12 degrees.  I looked up and there was a bird chasing a bug. Now it is not unusual to see a bird chase and eat flying bugs. This bird was chasing a really big bug, and it was flying around in circles, up and down, and the bug out maneuvered the darn bird. The bug out flew the bird, I saw the bug fly away in the cool breeze. Even though that wasn’t interesting to you, it was to me.

                    BUG OUT, to get away from the BIRD!

          Let’s bug out from that subject and talk about the heat. It is August in Texas, I don’t need to say anything more, but knowing that some of you may have never been in the Lone Star state in August, I will expand this comment.

          The so called weather people basically say the same thing this time of year and I will quote all of them, “It will be hot with temps above 100 and the humidity is also high”! Heck, I could be a weather person this time of year and be as accurate as their computer programs.

               Different subject; as I walked out to get the paper this morning, one of the doves that use the Ford’s ole Red Oak trees as a nesting location, dropped a feather. I found it interesting that this feather came down slowly, point of the feather pointing down, and the feather was twirling which slowed its descent, kind of like a parachute. Tres was more interested in smelling everything, he didn’t see the feather.

            I need to go to town and get a tarp this morning.

 

T T U L dudes and dudets!

 

Senior all-knowing all-showing person; Don Ford

 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: