Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Too fast for me 01.31.19

            I don’t know about you, but this month has passed to quick. It doesn’t seem as if Christmas was over a month ago, but it was. Time flies when you are having fun, and for older people, it flies even if you aren’t having any fun! 
            I know you haven’t asked, and you do not care what I have been doing. That being a true statement, stop reading this soulful article now! I understand, you are impressed that I even know the word soulful, and more impressive, I spelled it correctly, and the spell check did not have to correct it for me!
            I have been doing my income tax now that I have all the forms. Each year since I retired I have been having to pay out of my pocket to the IRS each April. I changed a few things and this year I may get a couple dollars back. When I worked I had my deductions set up so I would basically break even each year. I don’t need the Government to hold my money and give it back to me at tax time. I know some people consider it to be like a savings account, I did not.
            I find it interesting that they ask for your driver’s license number or a number from a state ID. I assume it is a double check against your SSN. Does having both numbers make it easier for the bad people to steal your identity? Once you hit 70 ½ you are forced to take a minimum distribution from certain accounts. That way they can get more taxes from you. They like to irritate the older population.

            I have been attempting to find a phone number of a friend who I believe is in bad health. I have wanted to call his wife and see how he is doing, but I can’t find anyone who has his number. I have talked with several people who have worked with him, as I have, and no one seems to have his phone number.
            Today I called the police department in the town where he lives, I told them what I was trying to do. I asked if they could give me his phone number or if not could the give my number to his wife. They could not give me his number, they said they could do a welfare check and I said no, that isn’t necessary I just want to talk with his wife.
            The above brought to mind an incident that occurred when I was dating, some 50 plus years ago. I have never been able to remember people’s names, even girls I have been introduced to, I would forget their name in a few minutes.
            I had a date with a girl who lived in Jackson Missouri. We went out that night and I did remember her first name. I also got her phone number written down on a piece of paper. When I got home that night I could not remember her last name. I got the phone book, everyone had land line phones in the olden days and as such their phone numbers were in the phone book. I went through each phone number until I found her phone number, and her last name.
            New subject; station wagons why did they leave?
            In a recent study conducted here at the Ford Homestead, we researched the difference between a station wagon and an SUV. We also looked into why the SUV seemed to be most popular. First I will attach a photo of a station wagon and an SUV, then I will elaborate. 
                                                                                              
              
            Now as you look at the two vehicles you may be able to see a slight difference in appearance. They both have 4 doors and a tail gate that opens. They are / were excellent vehicles in their day. Both appealed to a family setting but only the newer version appealed to the single person too. We have determined the name, “Station Wagon” was not popular, and had the earlier versions been named anything other than station wagon, possibly Sport Utility Vehicle”, they would still be popular and in demand.
            If you would like the full version of this study, send $35.00 to the Ford Homestead web site, and allow a long time for delivery.

May your name cause you to be in demand!

Senior Vehicle Analyst; Don Ford
           

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: