Translate

Friday, January 18, 2019

Maybe I can 01.18.19

            As I sit here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, I realize that I might need a haircut. I need to get out in the garage and see if my present wife has enough aluminum cans that I could sell, and raise enough money to pay for a haircut. It will take several pounds of aluminum to get enough for a haircut.
            As you may have noted, I am forced to sell the aluminum cans she has picked up, to get a haircut, when my present wife will be going out to lunch today with friends and as I understand it, someone else is paying for her lunch. Before you ask, no I was not invited to lunch with her friends. It is hurtful and I do have a tear in my eye, but I will be ok, even though no one wants to take me out to lunch! I need to take a break and get some tissues…
            I am back now and feeling somewhat better. I have a cup of coffee that I made using the old coffee grounds from yesterday. The coffee is a little weaker and the color isn’t as dark but I must drink it as we are on a fixed income.
            The weather is going to be warm today with temps in the 60s and 70s. The weather man said, last year on Jan. 17th it was “8 degrees in Waco” (I am writing this portion of the posting on the 17th). There seems to be a big difference between last year and this year. Tomorrow, the 18th, our temp is again supposed to be in the low 70s, and then dropping like a rock on Saturday, with evening temps for Saturday and Sunday in the low 20s.
            Bad news, I did get my hair cut and they raised the price one dollar. I can’t believe they took my last dollar. I do look nice now, they even cut the hair off my ears and trimmed my eye brows. A dollar more, I may have to start cutting my own hair.

            Another subject:
            I received a bill from my Medicare Provider, Scott and White. They said I owe $15.00 for a visit to the doctor’s office, which by the way is now considered a hospital. I saw the technician for an eye test, no doctor. I was not charged the $15.00, due to not seeing a doctor. The next week I again returned and saw a doctor, when I did pay the $15.00 co-pay.
            Later I was sent a bill for $15.00. I called the number on the bill and they said, you were there, and you owe the money. I did not agree so they transferred me to someone else who basically said I owe the money. They told me to call the doctor’s office for more information. I did not call I went to the office.
            The nice lady checked my records and agreed that I did not see a doctor, and I do not owe the $15.00. She gave me some info and a phone number to call to get this corrected.
            I returned home and made the call. The lady was nice but no help. She said she called the billing people and I owe the money. I said you called the wrong people call the office and get the info. She wanted to know if I, had their number, I did not.
            I was on the phone with this lady for about an hour and I did not receive an answer. Someone is supposed to call me back and let me know. All this work for $15.00 and no answer.            When you are on a fixed income every penny counts.

            It is Friday and it is supposed to be in the low to mid 70s today. They have predicted a lot of wind later today and storms tonight followed by a cold front. I could rake some leaves from the flower beds today since the weather will be warm. I always have these decisions to make, it is difficult for a senior person to decide what not to do!

Weekend are for resting, try it, you will like it!

First class rest-ologist; Don Ford



Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: