Translate

Monday, January 14, 2019

Editor 01.14.19

            Yesterday, having little or nothing to do after the grandkids went home, I decided to go to the Ford’s ole computer and look for an article I had written months ago. After a little searching I found the article. I read the article and decided to edit it, so I printed it and started working on it. Personally, I like writing better than editing.

            The article I am editing is about lonely times as an old person, who has little or no memory. I guess it could be about any of us in a few years.

            I left the computer for a while to get a cup of coffee, did you miss me? I heard what you said, and that is rude! He just said, “Who cares if he goes to get a cup of coffee, he is old and no one missed him”, that comment cuts deep!             I may never get over it! L

            Wait a moment, I just had a sip of coffee and a cookie, all is well again! J

 

            Income tax time is coming. Would you believe, due to the Government shut down no one will be required to pay their income tax this year? That is good news, but I learned that, after I had already bought an income tax preparation software.

            Yesterday, I went on line and checked on the price of the service I have used in the past. Usually I find this software in a store cheaper than on line. I was reviewing the prices, and yes I had a code for a reduced price, I decided to click out of that page and check at the stores for a better price. When I tried to click out, a new page popped up, offering me a last chance for an additional discount. The additional discount caused me to purchase the software on line. Now I probably will not get to use it due to the government shut down. K

            The weather has turned into real winter and it may be due to something I did the other day. I, thought it would be fun to call a friend in northern Illinois, Lonnie Carter, and ask him if it was cold and snowing. He acknowledged that it was both cold and snowing. I had to happily explain that the temps here in Hewitt were in the mid-50s and the sun was shining. Possibly this freezing cold weather (34 degrees) we are experiencing today, is a payback for my insolence to a good Yankee friend. He hasn’t always been a Yankee, but he has been in Yankee land long enough now, he is a Naturalized Yankee Citizen!

            I need to get a second cup of coffee, you should do the same.        

 

My apologies for the cold weather here in Texas!

 

Senior weather creator: Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: