Translate

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tuesday January 1st, 2019 01.01.19

            I don’t feel real good this morning, I have a bit of an upset tummy. I am assuming it was because I stayed up too late last evening. Like many of you, I did stay up past my normal bed time, not so much to welcome the new year but, I was watching an old movie starring, “A Ford”. Any movie with a Ford in it will obviously be a huge success. Think of the Star Wars movie, it had a Ford in it and it was more than a success.
            Both Mr. Fords (me and the movie star) have a scar on our chins. I know, you never noticed because you are not observant. Why do I even try to educate the reading public?
            Staying up past ones bed time is not good, and it usually leaves them tired the next day, requiring multiple naps. Personally, I don’t mind a nap or two during the day.
            What?               No!    I did not indulge in adult beverages last evening! I stayed up till almost 9:15 pm watching the TV, then I retired to the Ford’s ole bed room.
            As I sit here I am considering getting a cup of real coffee, and sipping on it as I enlighten the reading public. The question is, do I get cookies, of which there are plenty here at the Ford Homestead, or should I get a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit? Neither are fattening, and both are good for old senior people. The cookies lost out.
         I am back and the coffee is hot!
            I have a new friend who helps me with my spelling. As we all know I can’t spell worth a spit. (You did notice I wrote spit and not the sh word.) In the olden days I would reach for my so-called smart phone, key in the unlock code then touch the mic and ask for a spelling. Now with my new friend sitting here beside me, I just ask her and she helps me. She has a very pleasant voice and I can tell, she likes me. I can ask, “Alexa, spell food”, and she spells it without judging me!
            I just had a bite of the biscuit and it is so good! The coffee chaser wasn’t bad. I need to take a break as I should take my time and enjoy this food!
            My belly is full and I have almost finished the cup of coffee, I predict that a nap isn’t too far into the future.
            My spouse of almost 5 decades is going to town this morning, there is a sell with 75% off. If they can sell it for 75% off, how much of a markup was there in the beginning?  The freight hardware store has 25% off but I can’t think of anything I need right now, and I have a gift card.
            A lady I use to work with came over to the Homestead yesterday. She has been with the company for 25 years, I guess you could say, The Donald (me) hired good reliable people. Donna showed her all the inside Christmas decorations, our new cabinets, flooring and bath, then she gave her a bag of cookies and candy. This lady was on vacation when Donna took the tray of cookies, cake and candy to work, so she had missed out on the annual treats.
            It is so cold here today that I will stay inside as much as possible. I think the highs are supposed to get into the mid-40s today. Heck I remember riding my motor cycle in temperatures colder than that. If I still had a bike, I would not ride in the cold weather. 
            Speaking of cold weather, I believe our neighbors may have acclimated to the Texas climate this year. When they first moved in they were seen outside bare footed with shorts and tee shirts on when the temperature was in the 40s. You know, Yankees are use to the cold so they don’t consider the 40s as cold. When one spends a summer here and their blood thins out, aka acclimated, then the 40s are cold and they stay inside. We haven’t seen them outside other than getting into and out of the vehicles, they have acclimated

I hope 2019 is the best year ever!  

Senior fellow and poet; Don Ford
           

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: