Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2019

The light defined 01.19.19

               Lunar eclipse Monday at 11:12pm. That is what Alexa said.

            I had fish for lunch today. As I was eating, a vision from the past entered my mind. In the olden days the public school I went to (May Green School) had fish for lunch each Friday. This was done to provide an acceptable lunch for the Catholic kids. One of my childhood friends was Catholic and when we were running around we would have hamburgers and fries on a Friday. He would always ask us to not tell his mother that he eat meat on Friday. I have no idea if that is a Catholic thing now days or not.

            When eating lunch at May Green we could get an extra milk for 2 cents. Another thing that I learned and still do to this day. Every time they had chili for lunch, they also had peanut butter sandwiches with the Chili. I still have peanut butter sandwiches with my chili!

            Peanut butter, I guess kids didn’t have allergies in the olden days.

            The light I saw the other night is no longer a mystery. As I drove Gabi to school I looked in the direction of where I had seen the mysterious light. There is a little league baseball diamond behind the grade school. Heck I coached kids playing baseball on the field in the olden days. I believe the light the other night appeared mysterious to me, due to the fog and mist in the air. 

            I have ventured out this morning into the cold morning air. It was 39 degrees with a wind chill of 30 degrees. I double checked the load in the pickup and the load on the trailer to insure it would not blow off in the 30 plus mph wind. I drove slowly out to the dump site (there is no dump here in Hewitt, they have several garbage trucks and a couple shredders for any limbs and trees, at this location once a month). I arrived at the site and there was only a couple people there with trash or limbs ahead of me. They unloaded my load very quickly and I headed for home. The wind was blowing so hard that it was pushing my pickup around as I drove. I was glad I wasn’t driving something like a big rig. 

            I still need to put the trailer in the back yard but I thought I would wait a little, there is no hurry and I don’t like the cold windy day.

            It is Saturday morning as I am writing this soon to be wonderful piece of literature. I have the TV on and there is a very old cowboy movie on. John Wayne is the star and he was very young in this movie. The star went into a dark room and then into a tunnel and he has a flash light. Did the cow boys have flash lights? Wonder when the flash light was invented?

 

Stay inside today, it is too cold to be outside!

 

Senior trash handler; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: