Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Done and done 01.16.19

            Did you see the title line and did you understand the meaning? What! You didn’t even look at the title line, and you don’t understand it! Good, that means you will need to read this soon to be well written article.

            Let’s see if we can keep it short and sweet, if not sweet at least short.

            Yesterday, my favorite wife finished her work in the homestead and decided to go to the garage which was filled with Christmas trees and rein deer, all of which needed to be taken apart and placed in cartons.

            Her decision caused me to head for the Ford’s ole shed.

            I had previously carried the plastic Santa, his wife, the manger crowd and other plastic figures to the shed and they were laying outside the shed.

            Arriving at the shed I began to remove items like lawn mower, ladders, saws, fall decorations, and Easter decorations. The lawn around the shed was covered with many items. Maybe we should have had a shed sale.

            With all those items removed I then began to remove the boxes that are used to store the Christmas trees and other items and I carried them to the garage. My favorite spouse began breaking them down and placing them in cartons. As the items were secured in cartons I began to carry them to the shed. The Christmas items were all placed in the back of the shed, then the fall items, with the Easter items next, as they will be removed in that order. After all the decorations were properly stored I then began to bring the ladders, saws, string trimers, chain saw etc. back into the shed.

            Note: I was glad I had lights powered from a battery, which is charged by a solar panel as it was kind of dark in the shed.

            The work at the shed complete, my ole senior body staggered back to the Ford’s ole garage, where my favorite spouse was sweeping. I carried a few items to the trash container and recycle bin.

            The garage was now ready for a vehicle. The Ford’s ole van was happy not having to sleep outside again. 

            My favorite spouse worked twice as hard as me, getting those decorations ready to be stored. “Done and done”, means my spouse’s work, and my work are both done. Two duns.

 

Not happy to do the work, happy that I can!

                                                      

Poet and don’t know it; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: