Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

More forced labor 01.08.19

            Yes, you read the title line correctly, there was, “More forced labor”. With that statement I would like to follow up with an explanation. She didn’t tell me to do it, but I knew if I want a freshly cooked meal for supper, I better do it, and that is the same as, “Forced labor”!
            I removed some of the Christmas lights, and then I removed the nativity scene. I carefully folded and secured the wires along with the stakes that secured these decorations to the ground. Most of the items have water in, or on them, so they are left to air dry prior to being placed in the shed. I felt good about the work I had performed, then my spouse of 49 years and 8 months came out side and asked why I had not removed some other decorations. She did not say, you got it right, or nice job, instead why didn’t you…
            I sit here with tears in my eyes, as I try to write this editorial of abuse, to a male, retired, senior person.
-           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -           -
            I have another photo of the Tres enjoying the Ford’s ole couch. He doesn’t even say thank you for allowing him to sleep on the couch!

            The kids are back in school today. On the way to school Gabi and I discussed bullying. She said there is a lot of bullying that goes on. She noted that the bullying was mostly based on one’s appearance.
            I told Gabi of a guy who bullied me in junior high. This boy was bigger than the rest of us and he was always hitting me or someone. No, I did not tell the teacher or my parents. Being bullied was just something we put up with.
            Many years later I was in a grocery store when I saw this guy. He worked there and he was stocking the shelf with bread. I was at least a foot taller than him and much heavier. I thought about going over to him and telling him what I thought about him being a bully. I then thought, I am better than that. I would be the bully if I walked over to him, looked down at him, and told him what I thought! I could have bullied him then, but I am better than that.
            Changing the subject slightly; Gabi now has a BB gun. A neighbor found BB guns for girls on sale, they have a pink stock. The neighbor called us and ask if we wanted one for Gabi. We said yes, so now not only Alex will learn how to shoot a BB gun in Cub Scouts, Gabi can also learn from her dad (not in Cub Scouts).

            Yes I plan on removing other Christmas decorations today. You are right, it is back breaking work for a senior person, but I must do this or else… 

May your day not be threatened!

Poor ole laborer; Don Ford




AVG logo
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

No comments: