Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

More controls 01.29.19

            I thought there were enough controls on my meager life, my present spouse has found a way to attach one more control. She has limited my use of the family phone saying I need to do more work around the homestead. I feel that I do my share of, if not more than, my share of work, like finishing raking leaves out of the jasmine yesterday without being told to do it.
            It is so hurtful that my spouse has had a new house phone installed yesterday, and would you believe, this phone can only be used, “When you put money in it”! Yes it is a pay phone! How cold can anyone be to install a pay phone in an effort to prevent her spouse from making a call? Yes, there is a photo of the phone. Click to enhance the vision.

            It was cold enough last evening to have the heat lamp on in the Ford’s ole Hot house. With temperatures predicted to be at the freezing mark over night, I suggested to my first wife to remind me to plug in the lamp. At about 3:00 am I awoke and as I lay there gathering my thoughts, it occurred to me that it was cold and I had not turned on the lamp. I then bolted out of bad and ran to the back door. I through the door open and that is when I saw it. The heat lamp was on!
            As I staggered back to bed, I could not remember plugging the lamp in. My favorite spouse must have plugged it in. I did not wake her, I just slipped back into the bed quietly and covered up. As I became comfortable in the Ford’s ole bed, a thought came to me, “I woke the Tres when I ran to the door. Will he want to get in bed with us”? The thought has just entered my mind when a large dog jumped over me and lay down between my favorite wife and me.” I guess you could say it was a one dog night. If you don’t know what that means, it is ok, not everyone has the extensive knowledge required to understand the pronouncements of the wise.
How cold was it, it was a two dog night!
Almost wise senior citizen; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: