Translate

Thursday, January 10, 2019

I missed it 01.10.19

            Simply stated, “I missed it”. I had no explanation as to why, I just missed it.

            I received a text message from a friend and neighbor (same person) yesterday, yes, those who live around you can be both, friend and neighbor, even though some neighbors are not friends or even friendly. In truth, it is not mandatory that one be friends with their neighbor but one can still be friendly with a neighbor

            The text message stated that I had been invited to join him in, “His man cave”, for a happy hour. I am assuming you understand what a happy hour is. I quickly texted him back saying that I would check with my favorite wife and see if I could attend. I received permission as long as I returned in time for supper.

            I secured a glass filled with ice, and a diet coke. I headed out the front door of the Homestead. I was about halfway across the street when I stopped, turned and looked back at the Homestead. I was proud of removing all the Christmas decorations that day, and I was wanting to pat myself on my back for the work I had accomplished. With a big smile I reviewed the front of the homestead.

            Suddenly I was aware of a Christmas tree and a rain deer still standing. How did I miss them? I was methodically removing wires and decorations from left to right.

            I remember, the first area I worked on was at the bench, where I removed wires and a string of lights. For some reason I did not remove the tree or the deer at the left of the bench.

            Surprised that I missed them and with a tear in my eye I walked slowly to the neighbors Man cave. I was heartbroken. How could I have missed these two items?

              Then it came to me, NARBNL. I have used those letters in my emails for many years. Now I was happy again and I understood why I did not see, or remove, the tree and deer, they were to the left.

            My friend and I enjoyed a lively conversation for about an hour, I made it home in time to have supper with my favorite wife.

 

Not always right but never left!

 

A conservative and independent senior; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: