Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Why would you care 01.30.19

            Let’s start out with me making a statement, “I don’t care”!

            In the olden days, which seems to be about 100 years ago, I would go to a sporting event for one reason and one reason only. Do you have any idea what that reason was? For me, these sporting events was a way to be with friends, and my friends and I went to meet girls.

            The only sporting events that we would attend were football and basketball. Why, because there were lots of people, aka girls. Did I ever take a girl to one of those sporting events? Yep. Was I there for the game? Nope. Why was I there? It was a reason to get the girl to go somewhere with me.

            I can’t understand why anyone would care, about overpaid adults, whose job is football, basketball or any other so-called sport. I suggest sports are for kids and unpaid people. In my opinion, it is not a sport when someone is paid to work.

            I do not know the names of the work groups (teams) who will be working in the coming World Series this Sunday! (I do know it is not the World Series this weekend, I just thought it was funny.) I know there is someone named “Payton”, working this weekend. As the name Pay ton implies, he will be paid a ton of money for a couple hours of work

            I wasn’t paid a ton of money when I worked, darn it, and no one ever paid to watch me work. I could understand paying to watch a real good carpenter do their work, I might learn something watching a professional craftsperson. Note how politically correct I was when I used the word, “Craftsperson!”

 

            I will watch part of the Sunday work event, I do like some of the commercials, and the food my favorite wife might make.

 

            You might enjoy the Sunday World Series, but don’t bet on it, you may be bored to death by half time, if so, take a nap!

 

Work or Play, do you even care?

 

Senior Critic at the Ford Homestead; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: