Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Treat me like new 01.17.19

               We have been customers of a satellite radio service for several years. Each time we receive a renewal notice, I call and tell them I want to cancel. Each time they offer a better deal. Each time I have accepted the better deal.
            A couple weeks ago I received the renewal notice so I went to their website to see what they were offering. At that time they were offering for $99.99 all access and an echo dot to NEW SUBSCRIBERS. All access means 200 radio channels for the vehicle and access on your tablet or phone.
            I thought, they want to draw in new customers with great deals, and I totally understand that. I also question, why not do the same to keep a customer who has been with them several years.
            Today (Jan.16th 2019) I called them, and like always they did offer a better deal. Basically they would add on the all access via tablet or phone and the price was about $8.00 less than their original renewal quote. That wasn’t too bad, but they did not offer the echo dot.
            I did not take the offer. I like the old time radio programs and the 60s music, but they are not a necessity. I will call them back in a couple days and likely cancel.  

            Darn, does that happen in real life?
            If a person has a couple longtime friends and they make a new friend, the new friend gets       more attention than the old friends, but that is due to wanting to know more about the            new friend.
            If a person gets a new job they do get more attention from the boss than the old staff, but         that is due to training and indoctrination.
            If a family has a new baby, the new baby gets more attention than the other kids, because the new baby can’t take care of its self.
            If you have two vehicles and you trade one in on a new vehicle, the new vehicle gets     more attention and more driving time.
            So, all that being said, NEW, always gets more attention that old. Should I complain!

Different subject:
            I went to purchase a license for my trailer yesterday. You can buy them at the HEB, so that is where I went. The HEB is a grocery / general merchandise chain here in Texas. The sign said, no credit cards! They would take cards that had a pin, cash or a check. Good thing I had cash on me, I do not use my card with a pin at any store. Why do I pay for a license for the trailer, it gets used a couple times each year, the cops would probably never catch me.

Different subject:
            Last evening after washing, rinsing, and drying the numerous dishes, I ventured outside to deposit some trash in the garbage container.
            It was a dark evening, there was a light fog and mist in the air. I did not have fear of being outside in the dark until, I looked up at the night sky. A portion of the sky was lit up in a manner that I have never seen before. See the photo below.

            The light appeared to be that of a small city, but there are only houses in that direction. The light at the bottom right is a porch light, at the back of a neighbor’s house. The light in the sky was solid, not flashing as it would have been, if it were from a vast fire.  
            The light was there for almost an hour and then it was gone. It wasn’t a rocket launch / test, the test site is probably 10 miles from our homestead, and there was no rocket sound.

If you are observant, like me, you will have questions!

Senior bogyman watcher; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: