Translate

Monday, August 6, 2018

Did it rain Sunday 08.06.18

            Did it rain, yep! I was going through some items that were to be tossed out, on a wonderful Sunday afternoon, when a big cloud moved over head. My chair was near the garage door and I had a fan blowing some hot air on to this senior’s body. I had several items in my hands, as I walked to the trash container when I thought I felt a drop of rain on my bald spot. Could that be moister falling from the sky, I thought, or was it a friendly bird flying over.
            I tossed those items in the trash container and turned toward the Homestead. I again felt the same feeling, it was a drop of moister on my head. I needed to get the keys to the Ford’s Chevy so I could roll up the windows. It was sprinkling harder now, I could see it on the drive way. Windows rolled up, I was able to make it back to the security of the Ford’s ole garage, before the deluge began.
            I place my behind on the chair (aka sit down) just as the rain started at a higher rate. The drive way was now totally covered with this wonderful rain. I stopped separating items to be tossed out and enjoyed the rain. When the rain ended I checked the rain gage and I have estimated we received approximately one, one-hundredth of an inch of rain.   Hay we will take any amount of rain, as we are only 11 inches behind for the year.
            The garage is looking a little better, but not yet cleared of all my hopefully soon to be trashed items. We need to haul off some items that Donna has brought out to the garage, she offers these items to friends, and what they don’t take, we donate.

May your day be filled with kindness and good friends!

Presented by, a friendly senior person; Don Ford

            PS: I wanted to use the word trashable, but evidently the word people 
                   have not authorized it. They have approved trashy, and trashed 
                   but not trashable. We have the word recyclable, so why not trashable
                   Get with it people we need these words!
                        Trashable defined is; an item that can be tossed in the trash,
                              an item of little value, and item no longer needed.

No comments: