Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Good Morning World 08.23.18

               Well, I guess it may not be morning when you get this letter so I will say, “Good day World”!
            I have taken Gabi to school this morning and then dropped by the coffee shop for a cup of coffee. I have the cup of coffee setting next to me as I am typing this note to you. Ahhhh, it is good coffee!
            Yesterday I was asked to trim (I am not supposed to say forced) the rose bushes in the back yard. There are three old bushes in this flower bed, and one of them is just about all dead (right side of photo), while the other two have been suffering from the drought we are in. It is almost impossible to put enough water on these plants. Photo of the butchered rose bushes to follow, it was taken after sun set.

                                  
            I had thought our Black Berry plants might die due to the drought, but I have seen some new growth on those plants, so I am attempting to provide more water. I need to get the grass out of the Black Berry bed, yes and out of the rose bush bed, which instead of the grass using the water, the roses and berries would have more water. We need a day with little or no sun light if I am going to be on my hands and knees pulling weeds.
            I have a photo of my grandkids on their first day of school this year. It was taken in their back yard. Gabi is in the 6th grade and Alex is in the 3rd grade. Click to increase your enjoyment!
                                                            
            They look as if they are ready for school or something! I was never that happy to go to school. I can’t remember anyone taking a photo of me on the first day of school. Maybe they were afraid it would be both my first day, and my last day, in school.
            In the olden days, were we allowed to wear shorts to school? Did I even have a pair of shorts when I was a kid? If I did, I don’t remember them.
            That is all for now, I have been informed that I need to touch up some paint that I may have missed in an earlier paint session. Poor me, always working!

Hope you have the best day ever!

Re-painter extraordinaire;      Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: