Translate

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Like and dislike 08.16.18

            I guess the title should have been, “Like and Dislike all at the same time”.

            On Monday of this week I took a trip to the post office. I had a package I needed to send and a few letters that I mailed for my spouse of 49 years. All but one of the parking spots were open, indicating there would, or should be, no waiting to get the package mailed.

            After parking the Ford’s ole Chevy I walked in, there was one lady at the service counter and one female postal employee, I did not say postal worker. The female customer was attempting to pay with a credit card. I do not know how long their interaction had been going on, but I could tell by the postal employee’s expression that she was not having a good day.

            The postal employee said, take the card out and swipe it, now put it back in the slot, which the customer did.

            The postal employee viewed her screen and in a very stern voice said, take the card out again and swipe it, then put it into the slot again.

            After viewing the screen again the postal employee again said are you putting the card in the slot with the chip first? The customer showed the postal employee her card, and the postal employee said in a stern voice this is the chip, put it in first. The female customer said, I didn’t know. It worked this time and their transaction was complete.

            I was next and I said, how are you doing today. The reply was I am doing good, how can I help?

            My point to this story is, I like an employee who is keeping things moving, which this employee was trying to do. What I didn’t like was the employee’s attitude.

            Now the title should be clear, “Like and Dislike”, all at the same time!

 

Do your job productively and be friendly!

                              Everyone will feel better.

 

Professor; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: