Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday post, Tuesday events 08.29.18

               Yep, here it is, Wednesday morning and I am thinking about yesterday. What is so special about yesterday? Not a darn thing! I did go outside and begin to pull weeds from one of the rose bush patches. I knew the house would provide early morning shade, so I could work in the shade pulling weeds. I gathered an ole floor mat that I would sit or knell on. I had one cutter and a small three pronged rake. The cutter (this item was name cutter by my grandson a couple years ago, when he was helping me cut some bushes) would be used for the items that I could not easily pull from the earth by hand.
            It seems as if I may have mistakenly started at the wrong of this patch. I started at the easy end, and worked my way toward the more difficult end, (difficult being weeds and grass closer to the rose bush stickers). When I arrived at the difficult end, after about an hour on my knees, the sun was popping over the house and hitting that end of the patch. I have about 10 minutes of work left but I will not work in the sun!
            I will finish that work today, hopefully, and I have a couple more early morning projects for today, Wednesday! I need to spread the fire ant killer to both front and back yards, and I want to do some dirt work near the gate. No rest for the senior population!


            Different subject:
            I was thinking about a word and was considering how it got started and what it really means. 
            Intelligent, (Intell-i-gent) Intel provided to a gentleman?
            Detelligent, (Detell-i-gent) Intel taken from a gentleman!


            One of Donna’s angels was about to fall over and I was able to correct the situation. No, the angle that was about to fall over was not me after a couple afternoon beverages. You are correct, I am an angle, but I was not falling over, at least not at that time.
            The angle was a cement angle in a flower bed in the front yard. I remover the angel which was placed on a round cement block. The block was leaning causing the angle to lean. I brought dirt from the back yard and placed it in a manner to level the block and thusly leveling the angel. During this work secession I discovered fire ants in the flower bed.


            Never a minute for a senior person, me, to just rest and relax.


May you day e filled with naps and snacks!

Senior manual laborer: Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: