Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2026

September 20, 2026

                We wish you a good morning even though the sun isn’t up yet.

                Major events from yesterday: I did get started early pulling weeds from the flower bed in the front yard. I worked at the weed removal until the sun began to shine on me and I then stopped. I then procured the battery powered string trimmer from the shed, and I removed some more vines that were coming onto the walkway and the porch.

                Do I have a photo of a blooming flower?

                The bloom is from a vine in the Jasmin bed, it is not supposed to be there, but it was pretty and very small.

                As I was working outside early in the morning, I heard what sounded like gun fire off in the distance. I then assumed it was dove hunters attempting to kill some doves. In the olden days I would do that but now days I don’t see any need to harvest the doves.

                Speaking of doves, they are enjoying the crushed pecans on the street in front of the neighbor’s house. The pecans fall on the street, and the cars crush then so the birds have lunch. The doves also seem to enjoy the bird bath in our back yard.

I put the tools away and since I was hot and sweaty I decided to continue some outside work and I watered the number two and three berry beds. I had watered the number one bed the day before.

That work completed, I decided to attempt to cool down and take a shower. I was able to get some bible reading completed before we headed out to Waco for lunch. Our lunch was very good and as usual the service was also good.

Lunch was completed, we then drove further into Waco as I wanted to purchase a bottle of adult beverage, then we headed for home.

Back at home I did nothing, and my favorite wife worked on some fall decorations.

Later in the afternoon we did set outside and the neighborhood was very quiet as usual with only a few drones flying over.

There is a smell of something dead in the area and we have been smelling it for the last two days. The smell goes and comes due to the wind. I have asked a couple neighbors if they have smelled it and only one neighbor who is next door to us said she had.  We do not know where it is coming from our exactly what the smell is.

Today’s probable event: lunch at the cracker store and I hope to get to read more from the Charlie Kirk book. I am about halfway done with the book.

Ok, I am stopping now so you can get started. We hope that we all have a blessed and safe day and we will keep you in our prayers.

Donnie the Ford


No comments: