Translate

Friday, June 1, 2018

Crash not exactly 06.01.18

               Before you get involved in this earth shattering story, I would just like to remind you that today is June oneth.          Don’t start with the questions! As we all should know, the number “4” can be stated as fourth, likewise the number “1” can be stated as oneth!                     Get over your all-knowing self!
               Well I did go to the doctor yesterday and they said I was allergic to something. If you noticed the word they, there was a student doctor who interviewed me first, then the non-student doctor came in and agreed. I have taken a pill daily for years and they said it was the problem so they gave me a different pill.
               I had to go to the Wally world to pick up the new pill, and that is where I observed an almost bad situation. For those of us who occasionally go to the large stores, we probably see those people on those battery powered scooters, some of them actually need the scooters but others may not.
               I have noticed that many of those who ride, have what seems to be contempt for, or at least they don’t care, when they are in the way of the ambulatory customers.
               Ok, I will stop commenting on the “non-caring riders”, (oops I did it again) and present the story of the day.
               As I was leaving the store, having to have parked ½ mile away from the building due to other so-called customers, parking in all the good spots. There was several people, two of which were on these scooters at the rear of a vehicle. They were getting items out of the vehicle or possibly placing items into the vehicles. One of the female subjects had the back of her scooter (about a foot or so) behind the rear of the vehicle parked next to them. You guessed it. The vehicle began to back up and bumped into the back of the scooter with a slight crash sound. The female subject on the scooter called out Hay, Hay! She did not fall off the scooter and the scooter did not appear to be damaged. The vehicle pulled forward and the scooter moved out from behind the vehicle. I noticed that the person driving the vehicle did not get out and apologize, or check to see if they had damaged anything. They backed out and left the scene.
               I then left the parking lot intending to get gas in the Ford’s pickup but my mind was on these scooter riders, my gas tank is “half full”.
               Notice I said half full, as I am a positive and optimistic person, where a negative person, you know who you are, would have said half empty! Actually, you sit in enough classes where they tell you the half full or empty denotes your positive or negative attitude, you start stating things in a manner that you hope others will see you as not only positive, but better in some way. That is Bull! You can fake almost anything.   
               I am watering the yard this morning trying to beat the heat. I did water all the flowers yesterday and the grass is getting water today.
               Tomorrow is Saturday and the high is predicted to be 101. Summer is early this year!
Be aware of others as you ride the scooter!
Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: