Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Another Berry nice day 06.10.18

               Was it fair, no way! I had been working in the yard watering the dry foliage, and finishing the assigned forced labor project, when I ventured into the Homestead looking for my wife of 49 years. She was nowhere to be found. I collected my 16 ounce cup and headed for the black berries as the day was ending and I wanted to collect any ripe berries.
               As I exited the back door, what do you think I saw, my spouse of 49 years was already there picking the berries. Did she have a head start, yes! Would I let her pick more than me, no! The challenge had been accepted, she had a good 5 minute head start and as we all know, “Females know how to cheat and may take advantage in any contest”!
               My first wife had her 16 ounce cup in hand, and was picking all the easy to reach berries, which made it even more difficult for me, as I had to reach into the stickers to get berries. This contest went on for quite a while. There were numerous injuries to my arms and hands.
               If you have never participated in black berry picking, often when a sticker penetrated your body, the sticker remains imbedded in that body part! You not only have the initial pain, you now must stop picking berries (advantage to the other contestant) and attempt to remove said sticker, which by the way are so small that they are difficult to see. 
               The furious contest went on for hours, ok, a few minutes, it only seemed like hours in the extreme heat of the late afternoon in Texas! Upon completion we examined each other’s cups and found that they were both overfilled. What does that mean? We gathered more than a quart in one late afternoon (for that one person, you know who you are, a quart is 32 ounces, 16 + 16 = 32).

               What?   That’s odd, you have never wanted to know what I have been doing, prior to my comments about the black berry harvest! What has brought on this sudden curiosity?
               As I have already stated I had watered the plants.
               I went to the other guy’s hardware store (not DIB so we are not advertising for them) where I purchased a galvanized nipple and a coupling. I needed these items to change the direction of the air outlet on the air compressor. The outlet had stuck out and could be hit with and object such as my knee, so I wanted it to be out of the way but still functioning. Task completed.
               Earlier in the day my present wife and I went to town and had our noon repast.
               I made a few flag / pencil holders thinking I could display a couple for the 4th of July, and possibly give away a couple prior to the 4th! These one of a kind items could be displayed on one’s desk or work station, or placed near ones ole recliner to enhance the beauty of the area. Being multi-purpose one can display the flag when appropriate and then the pencil as needed.  Before you ask, they are truly one of a kind, as no one will ever have an exact duplicate, making them priceless.

               As we see above, the flags are displayed while below we see a combination of flag and pen. The holder has a large hole for the pen and a smaller hole for the flags. (Small hole on one end, larger hole on the other end.) Yes it is very technical work, and I am always in to the technical aspect of everything! Click photo to enjoy!

               That was for the most part, my day, do you have any other questions?
                How much for a flag holder, that is your question? Did you not read the above portion of this article? Do the words give away have any meaning to you?     I don’t know why I even try. L
              
Most questions and comments are appreciated! J

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: