Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Helicopter 06.29.18

            It has been one of those days, you know the type, where it is too hot to go outside, but you can’t stand to sit inside. It was 101 again today, and I was inside for most of the day.
            Earlier in the morning I had been outside looking at the lawn, considering whether I want to try and mow the front yard or not. The neighbor lady came over and wanted to know if I could put an air nozzle on the air hose at her garage, she wanted to blow up a small swimming pool. She showed me the nozzle and said it may be broken. I looked at it and said it isn’t broken, I will show you how to put it on. We walked back to her garage and she picked up the air hose and said this gold fitting may be broken. The fitting was brass, I guess it looks like gold, so I showed her how to pull down on the brass fitting ring, while inserting the air nozzle. It worked.
            She noted that they were going to have a bunch of kids over this morning. I started back to the house and the fact that they were going to have a bunch of kids over cause me to decide to get the lawn mowed quickly. When there are kids in the neighbor’s yard, I don’t mow, as I am always concerned that the mower might toss a rock at them. 
            I quickly mowed the lawn. After mowing the lawn I turned the sprinklers on over the grass area, just to refresh the grass.
            I also installed a hanging thing. I don’t know what it is called but I attached a rope to the tree limb and then attached this hanging thing to the rope. The hanging thing is made of rope and a wood bottom. I also put a vase on the wood bottom and took a photo. Click to enhance.

            Don’t worry, my present wife will put a flower in the pot, soon.
            I did sit outside enjoying a beverage this afternoon. I had a fan blowing on me and it wasn’t too bad in the shade. There was several planes that flew over during my time in the Ford’s Ole Rocker. I got a photo of a military helicopter as it passed over the house. Seeing one military helicopter is nothing unusual, as Fort Hood is only 50 or so miles away. I like to see the helicopters go over when they are flying in a formation of 3 or more! They can be noisy.


            I have decided to check with the nursery tomorrow after my doctor’s appointment, and if they have a pallet of sod I will purchase it. I am going to try and fill in the trench marks (bare ground) with the St. Augustine. If they don’t have it, then I wasn’t supposed to have any.
            That is it for this Thursday afternoon, Ford signing off!
            It’s an annual physical, you could have asked why I was going to the doctor, you ask about everything else!

Be safe, it is a weekend!

Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: