Translate

Friday, June 15, 2018

What the Well, continued 06.15.18


               Before we get started, I want to tell you how silly I am. I have an appointment to get blood drawn this morning for my annual physical in two weeks. I should not eat or drink anything before the bleed fest. I ate and drank coffee. Then it dawned on me, DUMMY, you should not have done that. I guess we will reschedule!
               Thursday, was for this retired senior citizen, who is on a fixed income, and did not pay for the sprinkler system in advance, “A boring day”. I did watch the sprinkler crew work on the neighbors system until I finally got tired and realized that they would be lucky if they were able to get the neighbors system completed. About 3:30 they packed up and left the scene. Note; with the heat as bad as it is, (it only hit 99 yesterday) I would have thought they would have started at 7:00am, but it was a little after 8:00am when they started. 
               I did not see any water squirt up out of the ground. Is it done or not, no one knows.  OK, someone knows, but I didn’t know. I sent a text message to the neighbor to see if his system is completed, it was not! He did not elaborate. That is why they are at his house today, Friday, once again leaving me without. L They may start on my system today, if not I think I will begin covering the trenches in the yard.
               Tres has been pulling up the red flags they placed in the yard to mark the sprinkler head locations. He does bring them to the back door so I don’t need to go through the back yard looking for them. I did get a photo of the back yard. You may look if you want, Tres has been getting in the ditch and walking with his nose down as if he is looking for something. Maybe he will find GOLD!

               At least the back yard can’t be seen from the street, and it looks better than the front as there will be less sprinkler heads installed, which means less trenches.
               I plan on keeping a close eye on these people today, and may offer a few suggestions. One suggestion, if they don’t do it on their own will be, to place a tarp on the vining Jasmine so when they dig, the dirt from the digging can be placed on the tarp. If they just put the dirt on the Jasmine it will go down through the vines, and not be recoverable to replace in the trench. I was told, they will dig the trench in the Jasmine by hand.
Let’s see how this Friday goes!
Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: