Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Black Jack 06.30.18

            I am sitting here watching an old black and white cowboy show, where the star is named Black Jack. Blackie, as he is also known, is supposed to be a bad guy but in reality he is a Texas Ranger. These ole cowboy movies are so corny they are fun to watch. When the horses are running they always speed up the film to make then seem to run faster. There is singing round the camp fire. When they get shot there is no blood or guts.
            Anyway, after this exciting cowboy movie is over, there is usually a very old Popeye cartoon. Then following that there will likely be a Tarzan movie, but not with Johnny Weissmuller.
            Could this Saturday morning be any more exciting? If you add a cup of coffee, the morning may not be exciting, but it is relaxing.
            There is also something that is known as Jack Black. I believe it comes in a bottle and has a tendency to cause people to relax.
            This is the last day of the month, tomorrow will be July and you know what that means, it will be hot and dry. Oh wait a minute, it is already hot and dry, maybe July will be cool and wet!

            My present wife and I tried a different Mexican Restaurant in a small town just south of here last evening. We had heard a lot of good comments about it, and it was good, but not great. We both ordered ice tea for our drinks, we didn’t know that we could have had a frozen Margarita for the same price, it was happy hour. Maybe that is why it was just good and not great.

            I have gone out into the back yard this morning with a chain saw, and cut up some logs. I have a photo of the results of today’s work or play, depending on how you look at it. The results are not surprising and I am not sure how they will be used.

            There are seven logs and three discs. The disks are the smaller cuts of the logs. No I did not cut this from the tree in the photo, even though it has been cut on in the past. Why are you looking at the orange cone and not my logs? Now you’re looking at the trailer, can’t you pay detention, I mean attention? Now you are looking at the lawnmower wondering if I ever use it. Well, for your information, I used it before I took this photo. I mowed the back yard even though only about 30% needed to be mowed. In the far back where it gets no water, there are big cracks in the yard.
            Cracks in the yard reminds me of something that happened a few years ago when I use to play golf. Yes I played golf, I didn’t say I was good, I just played! Any way, if you have heard this stop me. I had a tendency to slice when I hit the ball, and I most often played in the other person’s fairway. One day we were playing and I actually hit the ball in the middle of my own fairway. It may have been the best shot of my golfing history! We drove up to where the ball landed and we could not find it. The weather had been dry like this year, and there were cracks in the fairway. We never found the ball, we assume it went into one of the cracks. No, I did not take a penalty stroke. Get off my case!

A slice is ok, when it is pecan pie!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: