Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2018

What the well 06.14.18

               I have a friend who use to be unwilling to leave his home on Friday 13th, he, by the way, has improved and is not as worried about the number 13 when it happens to occur on a Friday, way to go Dalton!
               I have developed an attitude about the 13th, and it does not need to be a Friday. Yesterday was the 13th, and it was a Wednesday. Do you know what happened on the 13th, no, how could you, I have not yet informed you of the evil that has befallen the Ford Homestead.
               No I am not talking about the fact that the temp hit 100 yesterday, although that may have contributed to my disgust.
               Wednesday started off like so many other week days, the usual coffee while complaining about the so-called TV news. There was the usual trip to the boy’s room, and then getting dressed ready to face the day. How could one know the day would turn into such a disaster?
               I was anticipating the lawn sprinkler people to come to our homes (the neighbor across the street and ours) to install sprinklers so our lawns would flourish and be prettyful (it’s a word I just made it up)! As the day passed I began to assume that they were not coming as expected. Was I getting mad, yes, Madder than a mashed cat!
               It was in the afternoon when these people finally arrived at the neighbor’s home. They went to work digging holes and ditches in his yard. Seeing what they were doing to his yard caused me to become slightly worried. My yard looks fair and if they do to mine what they are doing to his, well I will not be a happy camper.
               They worked at his house for a couple hours then packed up and left. I thought they might be taking a supper break and then returning later when the sun was not bearing down so hot. Nope, they were done for the day, and I don’t blame them as it was 100 degrees.
               At this point in time I am beginning to wonder, are they going to do the neighbor’s yard only, leaving me for a later date? I am making myself more upset thinking, they would not work on my yard until next week.
               It was about 6:00pm when one of the crew returned and began to place little flags in my yard. These flags showed where the sprinkler heads would be placed. I went out to talk to the fellow and I found that he spoke very little English and it was hard to understand the words he did use. My Spanish was worse than his English so our communications were difficult.
               After placing the flags he then started the trencher and began to defile my yard! There will be a photo to follow, and I want to prepare you now, if you have a weak heart, or if ugly situations upset you, please to not view the photo!
               After he trenched the front yard he went to the back yard. Communications were again a problem. The best I could tell, he wanted me to tell him where I want the heads, and I kept telling him he knew more about sprinklers than me. What I did not understand completely was, he wanted to know what I wanted watered, not where to place the heads. After some communications and better understanding from me, I pointed out a couple areas that I want to be watered that he may not have covered.
               How will this turn out? I have the feeling I may be either very happy, or not! Ready for the photo, I have decided to start with a before photo to ease you into yesterday Wednesday 13th! Click to enjoy.

               That is the way it was, and the way I would like it to be! Now get ready! Don’t click, as it will upset you!

               I told you it was awful. One would think the machine operator could at least gut a straight line in the yard. How will I ever get the yard back to kind of pretty?
               With tears in my eyes I close this presentation. I didn’t even show you the back yard and the fact that Tres has been removing the flags that were used to mark the sprinkler head positions.

Be wary of the number 13, regardless of which day it happens on!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: