Translate

Monday, June 4, 2018

Artistic creation 05.04.18

               Is it true that I am an artist? If not, why not? What is an artist? Do you know, or do you have an idea as to who, or what, an artist is?
               I was talking with my sister via phone, as she lives in Missouri, but we were not talking about being an artist. My sister and I talk one or two times every day about general things that have happened. Our conversation seem to hinge around two subjects. One would be the fact that she does not like living in a nursing home. The second subject which seems to take up a lot of our time on the phone is, things I have been doing, or that I am going to do. I think my remarks to her may take her mind off the nursing home, at least for a while. 
               Now any good reader would at this point in my rantings ask, what does conversations between the Donald and his sister have to do with the title line, “Artistic Creation”? My rantings as you have so aptly noted, has nothing to do with, “Artistic Creation”. There is however, a connection between the phone conversation with my sister, and the title line to this article.
               During my conversation with my big sister, yes I do have both, a big and little sister.  Possibly I should state, I have an older sister Wilda, and a younger sister Becky. That does sound better than big and little. Compared to me they are both little! Anyway, as we were talking my older sister said, she thought I was good at writing and she didn’t know how I came up with all these things to write about. 
               I noted that I do enjoy writing about most things, and I especially like writing about things that might be considered as stretching the truth, or possibly stated as, “Inventing the story”. I went on to say, “Using my imagination is like being a kid in a sand box with some toy trucks, his imagination running wild, as in his mind’s eye, he sees all these events unfolding.” As I write anything, I am seeing the subject in my head, imagination, it is kind of like being a kid again. Anyone who has read my postings understands that I see images in the clouds, in tree bark, and most other objects. What some might see as nothing, I allow my inventive nature, imagination, to see as various things!
               As I see it, “Artistic Creation”, is anything that anyone sees as an interesting creation. That might be something that you have created, something that another has created, or a natural occurrence. Artistic Creation is in the eye of the beholder. We do not need to agree on, “Artistic Creation”.
               As I was reviewing a photo for another article, I happened to open the photo below. When I, saw it my first thought was, that is very artistic in nature. It has proper lighting and the subject is very interesting. It was interesting to me, it may not be interesting to you and that is ok. What you see as artistic may be totally different from what anyone else sees.  
               The focus point in the photo may be what appears to be a slice of watermelon. One might also note, the acorn still has its cap on.



May your day be filled with artistic creations!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: