Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

How do I know 06.27.18

            I don’t even need the weather people to tell me it is hot, all I need to do is look around.
            Allow me to start with a comment about the back 40 here at the Ford’s Homestead. I have a two gallon water bucket for the Tres, and I have a small plastic pool that I put about one inch of water in. Tres will not get into the pool, but the birds use it as a place to get a drink or a bird bath. Drinking where they take a bath, that don’t sound good to me.
            The other day I had left the climate controlled security of the Ford’s House and meandered (for that one reader, meandered = roamed) in the back 40. To say it was hot outside would be an understatement. Yep, it was another 100 degree day. As I walked past the small pool I observed one of the residents in the pool staying cool, or should I say trying to stay cool. I will post a photo of the resident, let me say this resident is totally nude! If you look, don’t complain!

            Click to reveal the totally nude resident!

            I did ask the resident to leave the pool, and then I drained the water from the pool and refilled it, as I am sure the birds would not want to take a bath in the same water as the resident.

            The so-called weather people are saying it will be 101 today. Even though 101 isn’t the hottest day we have had in Texas, that heat along with the lack of rain is causing most people to stay inside a climate controlled environment. One of the weather people suggested that everyone do a rain dance, saying it might help. He sounds as odd as me.

Stay in the climate controlled averment, you pay for it, use it!

Don Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: