Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Berry nice 06.09.18

               It was one of those very unusual days for me, you know the type, where you have nothing to do but rest and rehabilitate.  Yes I do need to recover from the extreme work load placed on me by my present spouse. I made myself a cup of coffee, picked up a blue berry muffin, and went outside to enjoy the morning sunrise. As I sat there meditating, it came to me that I could replace the air hose which is connected to my air compressor. The old hose had an air leak. I decided to go to that hardware store, you know the one, it is a Harbor for men, and purchase a new 25 foot hose to replace the old one.
               Yes, I did get a cup of coffee from Bucks on my way to the store. To make this story shorter, I did replace the hose and during this process I found that I already had a 25 foot hose here at the Homestead, which could have been used. Wow, I could have save $12.00.
               Did I tell you that we are now getting big bunches of black berries every time we go out to pick them? I think I have already told you that I have been watering the berry plants with enthusiasm of late. The extra watering has been paying off with a much better harvest. Foto to follow, click to enjoy, think of the black berry cobbler that my present spouse makes!

               If you are looking at the photo, you are observing this morning’s harvest. We often get this many berries in the morning and the same in the evening, that is about a quart. I should state that the mockingbirds along with other birds have been enjoying the berries too. L
               Before you ask, yes I have taken a nice long nap already, and plan to do so again, later this afternoon.  
               We are in a drought period and the summer temperatures have been pounding us for a month. I again became upset when I observed a neighbor’s lawn sprinkler running this morning. Will we get ours? No one knows for sure.
Agree not, lest you keep your word!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: