Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Rain, rain go away 06.19.18

               In the olden days, I would sing, “Rain, rain, go away, little Donnie what’s to play!” I am not singing that anymore. I am now singing, “Rain, rain, come to stay, big Donnie don’t want to pay!” For the one person who doesn’t understand the new verse, I will splain (for that one non-cool person, who never watched I Love Lucy, you may use the word explain in the place of splain). Why do I need to splain everything to that one person?

               Now that I have been distracted, let’s see if we can get back to my little verse, “Rain, rain, come to stay, big Donnie don’t want to pay!” As you well know, we here at the Ford Homestead are on a fixed income, and if we were to use the, “New lawn sprinkler system”, we would have a water bill that people on a fixed income should never be faced with! The weather people keep saying we may get some rain, it hasn’t happened yet. Do we water and be face with a water bill, or do we let the flowers and grass die? 

               What? Yes they have completed the system. I went over several items with the owner, although I don’t think it meant anything to him. I should say, they did come back after my presentation and clean up a few items I had pointed out. I have not yet received my written 3 year warrantee. If I don’t receive the written warrantee soon, I will use my ace in the hole, nope I am not stating what that ace is, at this time. J

               With the unit complete, we still have ugly streaks in the yard where they dug the trenches. We are considering purchasing and placing some St. Augustine sod in the streaks. Basically we would take a single piece of sod and cut it in three pieces length wise, then place those pieces end to end in the trench streaks.

               I purchased three pieces of the sod yesterday, to test the theory. Now I will determine how much sod I need to purchase. As you can see this will be another expense for senior retired persons! Does anyone want to donate a pallet of sod to the Ford Foundation?

               What the heck! It is raining at this moment in time. It is a light refreshing rain, our temp is in the low 70s, with a light breeze, the kind of morning one could enjoy if, they were sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee. As usual, you are correct. That cup of coffee would be an extra expense that we do not need at this time! Rain, rain, come to stay, big Donnie don’t want to pay!”

               Speaking of rain, they have installed a device that is supposed to shut the sprinkler system off, if we receive a decent amount of rain. The word, “If”, should be emphasized as we haven’t received a decent amount of rain in a long time.

               Now that everything is wet outside, and you know I can’t work in these wet conditions, maybe I will go to the freight hardware store and shop. Everyone needs to relax occasionally.

May your day be filled with cool wet rain!

Unless you are in one of those flooded areas!

Then we hope you don’t get rain!            

 

Rev. Don Ford  


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: