Translate

Friday, June 22, 2018

To mow or not to mow 06.22.18

            That was the question of the day, as I stood there looking at the sadly mistreated yard. It has been mutilated and I feel sorry for it.  I decided to get the Ford’s old rake and see if I could move any of the excess dirt off the places where grass was cover or partly covered. I finish the raking and then decided to mow. Yes there was tears in my eyes as I walked behind the mower looking at the mutilated yard. OK, they may not have been tears in my eyes, they could have been sweat, either way it was not a pleasant situation.
            After mowing I took a photo but decided not to use it. There was grass clippings in the street and if I am going to continue complaining, I mean commenting on others who do not clean the street after they mow I should clean the street and then take another photo. Click to see a clean street and a mowed lawn!

            The yard looks a little better now that it is mowed. LKJ

         I decided to go to town looking for three items which were, St. Augustine Grass, a 10 foot piece of one inch PVC, two one inch 90 ells. As I drove through the neighborhoods on my way to town I was observing the yards. Heck, even with the scars on our yard, it still looks better than many other yards! Brag only if you are right, I am right!
            I went to the two big box stores first. They didn’t have the grass, the pipe was $12.50 for one piece, and the ells were $1.41 each, a total of $15.31 before tax. I decided, if I am going to pay that much, I should spend my money at a Do it Best Store.
            The service was nice at Circle Hardware, the price was even better. The 10 foot pipe and the two ells were $5.01 total, tax included. I think I received a discount having been a DIB employee in the past. Circle Hardware have good people, and it’s a good store.
            I plan to use the pipe to make a barrier to try and keep people from running over the meter box and the sprinkler boxes which are next to the drive way. The meter box has been run over in the past breaking the water line. I will attempt to get a photo if I am able to manufacture a barrier.

The plastic pipe will not keep a vehicle off the meter box but it will provide a warning, I hope!
            It is supposed to be 101 here today! When it’s that hot, I feel as if I am 101 years old!

It’s Friday, enjoy the day!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: