Translate

Monday, June 11, 2018

The heat is getting... 06.11.18

               The heat is getting to the Black Berries. We have for several days collected large amounts of the berries, but this morning the harvest is down to about 1/3 what we had been getting. I did water thoroughly yesterday afternoon late, which may affect harvest tomorrow.
               Don’t ask!           I will address the possibility of a sprinkler system here at the Ford’s Homestead. They were supposed to be here last week, they are supposed to be here this week. Now I have addressed the possibility, you know as much as I know.
               It is so dry here that anything that is not getting regular watering is weathering and looking dead. Even the weeds are having a difficult time of surviving. I put the water sprinkler out in the back yard yesterday, and I could hear the grass saying “Thank You”! Yards that have shade part of the day are doing much better than those in full sun light.
               A neighbor up the street has a sprinkler system and it seems to put as much water on the street as it does in his yard. Hopefully I will be able to keep the most part of the water on the yard, if we get a system!
               The grandees are here today, back from a week of Disneyworld. I can understand how the kids could go for a week of continuous walking, it is difficult to understand how the parent and grandparents did it. Happy it was them, and not me.
               Yesterday was Sunday and it was 99 degrees, today it is cooling off, down to 97 degrees, and a week from now we have a slight chance of rain. It is too hot even in the early morning, too hot to get outside and work. We should be working the flower beds but as I said, “It is too hot”!
               I am tired from talking about working and the heat, I think I need a nap.

Complaining don’t help, but it makes me feel better!

Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: