Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Irritating people 09/27/2020

            During this time of quarantine, and if you are a senior person you are still mostly quarantined, there are people who are irritating. Now, some of these people are not intentionally irritating, but intentional or not, they are irritating! Lucy, please allow me to explain.

            This morning I was sitting outside, attempting to enjoy a cup of real coffee. Tres was laying there on the Ford’s ole new driveway, he was relaxed, when suddenly he raised his head, opened his eyes, and listened. There were numerous sounds from dogs barking off in the distance. He looked around but from where he was laying, he could not see the cause of the dogs barking. He went back into his relaxed mode and forgot the distant barking dogs.

            This female subject, with a red dress on, was walking down the street toward us with two dogs on a lead. She did have a plastic bag in her hands and it appeared to have dog do-do in it. I knew from past experience that the Tres was going to bark unceasingly at these dogs. I took him inside before they got close enough for him to see them.

            Now you see how irritating this female subject was, to an ole senior person, causing me to need to get up from my chair and place the Tres indoors! She should not walk her dogs when I and the Tres are sitting outside!

            Prior to the irritating period, I had been thinking, if I had a motorcycle, I could go for a long ride. You know, one of those rides where the biker wasn’t going anywhere in particular, just riding to get away from the homestead.

            I considered, I could be heading down a long curvy road, and as I rode, I would be looking for rocks or gravel on the road. I would keep my eyes open for bad spots like holes in the pavement. I would always be watching the oncoming traffic. You always need to be vigilant of anyone in a vehicle at a cross road, and what about that vehicle behind you, the one who is in a hurry and wants to pass you. If you are riding with other bikers, you must keep a close eye on them, just in case they slow down suddenly.

            With all those thoughts going through my head, I wondered, is it really fun to ride a motorcycle, or is it just the challenge of, “Safely observing your surroundings?” One does need to be alert when riding!

            Back to reality; I did mow and weed eat the front yard yesterday. I might pick up the dog droppings from the back yard today, and see if the Ford’s ole riding mower will allow me to ride it. My favorite spouse and I did wash the Tres yesterday. He told us both thank you for the wash job, by shaking the water off his body, while he was standing between us. He got a bath; we got a shower!

 

                        I know it is difficult to do, but

                     try to be nice to someone today!

 

Senior ex-biker Don the Ford

No comments: