Translate

Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday is here 09/04/2020

            Finally, the last work day of this week, a weekend and a holiday ahead in which I will have some time off. Wait a minute, I am retired, I don't work, I just sit around and do nothing, CRAP ANOTHER WEEKEND!

            I have a couple thoughts for this soon to be professionally composed article, but first allow me to speak of rain. Wednesday over 5.5 inches here at the homestead. Thursday just 2 inches and this morning in 1.5 hours only half an inch of rain. As you may be able to see, the sky is running out of water to pour on Hewitt, TX. The rain water in the back yard was again soaked up by the ground before the rain this morning, but after the hour and half of rain, we have standing water again.

            New subject: As I sat outside on the Ford's ole rocker, I observed a boy, I don't know how old he was, he appeared to be a young teenager, possibly 13 years old. He had a backpack on and he was walking at a normal pace until he turned the corner. He started up Oklahoma were a young lady lives. He then started walking very slow and I noticed he kept looking toward the girls house. The young lady did not come outside and after he passed the house he began walking at a regular pace.

              New topic: this is an olden day's story when I was probably 17 or 18 years old. Back in the olden days a good friend of mine, Steve Talley, had a 61 Chevrolet two door hard top, white in color, with a 409 in it. In those days I had a 63 Chevrolet, two door hard top, blue in color with a 409 in it. A 409 is a big V-8 motor. They often referred to them as garbage truck motors s their original use was in trucks.

            As it happened, both of the vehicles could be unlocked and started using my keys or Steve's keys. I had gone to a movie show one night, yes with a girl, and when we came out my car was gone from the parking lot. I looked around and found Steve's car. Steve had taken my car and left his car. 

            Steve's car was very low geared, set up for drag racing. My car had highway gears. Steve was going to another town, highway driving, so he took my car. Not a big deal, we found each other later at the hamburger place and traded cars.

 

            If it stops raining Tres and I will attempt to go for a walk. We have been imprisoned here at home due to the rain, and we both would like to take a walk.

            I just checked the security cameras and it is still raining.

 

            And odd thought; if Biden was elected, and if the day after he was inaugurated, he passed away, we would have a female as President, and I believe Nancy Pelosi would become Vice President!

            I said it was an odd thought, tell me if I am wrong.

 

Stay safe, don't think about politics!

 

Senior neighborhood watcher and mask wearer, Don the Ford

No comments: