Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday message 09/20/2020

            How do I start this message? It was Saturday, and my wife and I had gone to town to pick up a couple items. When we returned home, I messed around with the sprinkler system, wanting the see it they, the contractors, had covered or damaged any sprinkler heads. I set the system up to run for 5 minutes for each area. As the system went from one area to the other, I would check the heads. I did need to uncover a couple heads. That task finished I decided to read the bible, which I do every day. I had just completed reading when the contractor showed up, wanting to be paid.

            My wife answered the door and she told him, “He is in the office reading the bible”, she called me to the door. We discussed the work they had done, I gave in, and wrote a check for over $750.00. He handed me a receipt and started to walk away, when he stopped, turned and said to me, “Keep reading the bible, Jesus is real”! I noted that I read every day.

            He then took his hat off and said again, “God is real”. He explained that his son was basically dead and now he is alive. I listened. He said in 2018, his son was shot 7 times in the chest and face. He said someone called him and said his son had been shot. He asked if his son was ok and he was told no. He asked that they hold the phone so he could talk to his son. The son said, “I am not going to make it dad”. He then asked his son to pray with him, he heard his son say, “Jesus Christ”, and nothing else.

            He told me his son was in the hospital in a coma for 15 days. He said he prayed to God that his son would be allowed to wake up, so he could ask for forgiveness, and then if God wanted to take him, he could.

            His son survived 6 bullets to the chest, and one to the face. He said his son is a prisoner in prison, and his son now preaches to the inmates.

            Wow, what an unexpected testimony!

 

God is real, believe!

Don Ford

No comments: