Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Rabbits 09/08/2020

            Morning walk, this one was kind of odd.

            Before I get into the topic of the day, I would again note that our clock in the front room that chimes on the quarter hour, half hour, three quarter hour, and on the hour, did it again. The clock again this morning, chimed at 5:00am, and at 5:05am. This clock does this occasionally but not regularly, odd!

            Tres and I went out to get the news paper and I noticed it was totally dark, it was night. I then check the cell phone to see what time it was, had I started earlier than usual? It was almost 6:30, that is our normal time to start walking.

            Tres picked up the newspaper, took it back into the house, and dropped it in My favorite wife’s chair. We then put his harness on, I picked up a flash light and we headed out for the night time walk.

            We had passed two houses as we walked down the street toward the cul-de-sac. Tres noticed a rabbit sitting in a yard. I pointed the flash light at the rabbit and activated the light. The rabbit and area around him was lit up in a bright light. Would you believe, that rabbit said, “Turn that light off, how would you like someone to shine a light in your eyes”! I said, “Sorry”, and turned the light off.

            Then it occurred to me, I had just heard a Rabbit talk. I again shined the flash light at the rabbit, but there was no rabbit. Had I imagined that? I know I am silly grandpa, but maybe I am now nutty grandpa!

            We continued our walk when I noticed that something had Tres’ attention up the street. I could not see anything, but Tres was very focused. I could hear an odd sound but still did not see what was making the sound. As we walked in front of this house, Tres and I both saw what was making the sound. There was a female subject who appeared to be sanding the front door of the house, but there was no light on, she was both standing, and sanding, in the dark.      Odd things happen! 

            We walked on up Oklahoma Ave, from the 400 block to the end of the 100 block, where we turned and began walking back toward home. We were in the 200 block when Tres again saw a rabbit. Would you believe, I shined my light on that rabbit, and I asked can you talk? The rabbit replied, “What, are you a nutty ole man, rabbits can’t talk!” I turn the light off and Tres and I walked on toward home.

 

Be safe, productive, and cooperative today!

                                  When you see the words “Would you believe” you may assume there is fiction.

Senior rabbit non-communicator and light flasher, Don the Ford 

No comments: