Translate

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Fall starts 09/23/2020

            Today is Wednesday, Fall started yesterday. I am writing this yesterday, but posting it today. Now I will let some of you think about that for a minute or two, I don’t want to get ahead of anyone. -            -           -           -            -           -           -           -           -           -           -Enough!

            Fall started yesterday, and I was surprised to learn, that things could fall, on the first day of Fall! The first day of Fall started unusually wet. We had rain on Monday (almost an inch) and when I awoke on Tuesday, Fall Day, it was still drizzling rain (the gage showed a total from Monday and Tuesday a little over 1-inch rain).

            Now that we have the back ground info out there, allow me to explain the results of what fell. I will also post a photo of the results of the fall. As I had ventured out into the light rain on the first day of Fall, I observed some litter that had been deposited on the Ford’s ole new drive way. There was something that looked like smashed red berries, possibly as many as 25. I somewhat believe, they may have been dropped from the pecan tree above the pavement.

            Now “cons”, (notice I left the Pe off) do not have anything red in them, so I know this litter is not from our tree, but more likely from birds who have been using our tree as a place to potty. Unfortunately, the rain had washed the stains from whatever the red things were, down the drive way. I did acquire a broom, and swept the litter off the driveway, but the stain did not go away. New drive way, stained on the first day of Fall!    Photo to follow.


                                   

            Homeowners insurance will not cover the cleaning of the new cement!

            Allow me to continue, as I change the subject, even though it is along the same line of thought. I did back the Ford’s ole chevy onto the Ford’s ole new driveway for the first time Tuesday. After dismounting the vehicle, I noticed a tire track already on the pavement. Yes, there will be a photo. I guess our desire to keep the new cement clean and white, is now a thought from the past. Tire tracks, and red spots, (ok they were purple spots, but red is easier to spell) all over the Ford’s ole new drive!


                                   

            Spring has sprung, summer has gone, Fall is wet and dirty! Fall, don’t believe it, they are saying it will be in the low 90s starting Monday. Fall in Texas can be many different things.

 

Enjoy Fall, but not a fall down fall!

 

Senior fall-ologist and silly grandpa, Don the Ford

No comments: