Translate

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Did it rain 09/03/2020

            We had a little rain Tuesday evening, heck it lightening and thundered most of the night. I had the Alexa making rain sounds Tuesday night, as they help me go to sleep. I woke up and realized that I had the fake rain sounds, and real rain sounds at the same time. I had Alexa stop the fake sounds.

            Tuesday morning, I allowed the Tres to go out the garage door for a quick wiz, and I also checked the rain gage. At that time, we had over 4 inches in the gage. About 1.5 hours later, we had more than 5 inches in the gage. We very much needed the rain.

            There was water standing in the back yard most of the day yesterday, as it doesn’t drain as well as it should. I should note that part of our back and front yards gets twice as much rain water as other parts of the yard. How does that happen, he asked? We do not have gutters, so the rain water that falls on the roof drains to the ground, effectively doubling the amount of water received in that area, aka almost 11 inches of rain water. Note, the front yard drains to the street.

            This morning when I got up, the back yard had soaked up all the rain from yesterday, nice! As I enjoyed a cup of real coffee, the weather guy said rain is coming. The radar indicated it was close, so I decided to postpone our dog walk for a while. The rain came as I was getting dressed. There is water standing on the back patio again, nice!

            I took my favorite wife to the cracker restaurant for breakfast Tuesday morning. There were very few people in the establishment, possibly due to the rain. Breakfast was good, and there were several more people arriving when we were ready to leave.

            I did point out that they had a fire extinguisher blocked, and I explained to one of the employees how much room there is suppose to be around an extinguisher. Also, there was no sign above the extinguisher, so it was literally hidden from sight.

            I have the new mirror on the Ford’s new bike, but I have not had the opportunity to ride it down the street to see if I can see vehicles behind me when I ride.

            I do have some work to do for the scrap wood project, and now that it is a little cooler, I will attempt to get the work done. My favorite spouse is going to lunch with friends to celebrate a birthday, so the garage will be available for me to apply my artistic finger prints to the recycled project.

            Change of subject: The new mirror on the E-bike works well. I am now able to see what is on the road behind me.

            Change of topic: We are considering having the Ford’s ole driveway replaced, we have received one bid, and need a couple more. We now know it will probably cost more then $500 to replace the driveway. Who knew it cost so much for some cement?

            The rain has stopped and Tres is wanting to go for a walk, talk with you later.

Be happy, ignore politics today!

Senior ignoring person and recycling artist, Don the Ford

No comments: