Translate

Monday, September 14, 2020

Be leaf it or not 09/14/2020

            How did you like that title line?

            Did you understand the words, “Be leaf it or not”, was to mean, “Believe it or not”! You, the reading public, are all very intelligent so I believe you did understand the wording.

            Now we get to the reason for the title line. As I was sitting on the Fords ole outside rocker, you know the one, it is positioned near the garage door, and it is where I enjoy a diet coke with a small amount of adult beverage in it. There was a slight breeze which made the sitting outside more enjoyable, and the neighborhood was very quiet.

            I became aware of a sound, a sound as if someone was walking down the street, but there was no one there. As the sound came closer, I was able to see the perpetrator, it was a leaf. Now this was one of those larger leaves, possibly 8 inches long, and very dry. Now it is not unusual to see and hear a leaf being blown down the street by a light breeze, but this event was different.

            The leaf seemed to be happily bouncing down the street, when it got to our driveway, it turned, and came into the drive way about ten feet, then it stopped. Now you know why it caught my attention, it was as if it came for a visit. I felt happy to have a visitor for a change, even if it were an ole, dry, leaf. I, being satisfied to have a, “Be leaf it or not visitor”, settled back in my chair and enjoyed another sip of the diet coke!   All was well for the senior Ford.

            Please allow me to alter the subject; the next subject will be, “Cat Bird”! this is a memory of olden times. Back in the olden days, when I was a kid, you know about 300 years ago, I can remember people talking about a, “Cat Bird. Now I had never seen or heard the sound from a “Cat Bird”.

            Present day experience; I now believe I have heard the sound of the, “Cat Bird”. When I am outside and the birds are making noise, I occasionally hear what sounds like a small cat that is in trouble. A sound as if the small cat can’t find its mother. Heck when I first heard the sound, I walked to the back fence assuming I would see a kitten in the ditch, but no kitten.

            I have since decided that the sound is coming from a bird, probably a mocking bird. The sound does sound like a small cat, hence, “Cat Bird”!

            Please allow a second subject change. The Tres and I went for our morning exercise walk this morning. We were a couple blocks from home when I observed a peppermint lying on the street. It appeared to be in good condition, not crushed and still in its wrapper. Yes, it was tempting, but I was able to reject the idea of picking the peppermint up and enjoying it.  

            We walked on and were on our way back home when this vehicle, with a female driver, came flying down the street. Tres and I walk facing the traffic, there was another vehicle parked on the opposite side of the street, and this female did not slow down, and in my opinion, came too close to us.

            Getting closer to home we met a neighbor lady, walking up the street. When we came close enough to exchange greetings, I said, “if you are interested, there is a peppermint laying in the street”. She looked at me as if I were silly, and I am, then she noted that she did not like peppermints.

 

            I guess that is it for now, I will go get a cup of coffee and take a break!

 

A new week, a new you!

 

Senior blog author and use to be nice guy, Don the Ford

No comments: