Translate

Monday, September 28, 2020

Coming up soon 09/28/2020

            For that one person who read the title line, I will explain what is coming soon. For all the others who did not read the title line, I am not talking to you.

            On the third of October, it will have been 17 years, wow, how time fly’s! Here is how it all worked out 17 years ago.

            I had been working as a fill in General Manager at the old Cape Girardeau, Missouri distribution center. October 2nd, was my last day working there and I flew home. I had several weeks earlier decided to enact my plan after the evening of October 3rd, 2003.

            Why did I pick that date, I wanted to make a new start with as little congestion in my life as possible? No more going out of state to work, and I would be getting back into my normal routines. I did understand that this decision I had made, was going to affect any and everyone who I came in contact with for at least a couple weeks, knowing that, I wanted very few distractions in my life at this time!

            Someone should have asked, “What was the planned event that was coming”? no one asked, but that is not going to stop me from explaining. I had decided about at least a month earlier that I would give up tobacco. I chewed tobacco for years and I wanted to stop, so I picked a date after my last trip out of state and after other scheduled events.

            I was able to purchase the tobacco wholesale so I would buy it by the case. On trash day, the day after I had quit, I placed half a case of tobacco on top of the trash can, thinking, if the trash man would look, and if he chewed, he could have the tobacco. 

            Anyway, it has been 17 years since I chewed tobacco! It wasn’t easy quitting, and I wanted to be mean to everyone for a while. I remember one event when, my favorite wife and I had been out to supper, and as we were leaving the restaurant, the lights on the parking lot had not yet came on. I said to my favorite spouse, “I wish someone would try to mug me, I really want to hurt someone right now”!             Nicotine addicts really want tobacco after eating!

            I no longer have any desire or thought of chewing tobacco again. If I could get a box of those expensive Cuban cigars, I would definitely smoke one every week!

            There was one other thing that happened 17 years ago on October 3rd, our son David and Claire got married. Wow two great things happened on the same date!

 

May you be happy and busy!

 

Senior non chewer of the tobacco, Don the Ford

No comments: