Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Who works as hard 06/18/2019

            I am the person that works that hard. Everyone knows I am retired, and a good nap taker, they should also understand that I am a hard worker, “after the naps.”
            This day, Monday, June 17, 2019 after a well-deserved nap, I went outside and decided to work on one of the Fords soon to be, above ground sprinklers systems. Prior to working on the pipes, I needed to clean out the flower bed of weeds and a bunch of mint that continues to grow there. I have a photo that shows what I have done but not a, before photo. Consider that there was mint, which was knee high through the entire bed. I removed the mint and weeds.

                                              
            After I removed the weeds and mint, I then cut and temporarily installed a sprinkler system of pipe and heads in front of the bed. I did not glue any of the fittings as I wanted to be sure I have the system ready and then I will permanently install the system. I also need some paint to spray on the pipe, to camouflage the white pipe of the system. I want it to work but not be seen.
            As I was working, my spouse noticed a car that was not a neighbor’s car, parked near a neighbor’s home, and they were not at home. I walked over and the vehicle was empty. I took a photo of the vehicle and the license plate then I called the police. I reported it as a suspicious vehicle. The cop came and said, it was not reported stolen and he would keep an eye on it. Later we learned that the driver was walking up and down the street trying to sell stuff.
            A neighbor and his wife came over after the police person (notice that I am being politically correct by not indicating gender, man) left to learn what had happened. When they walked up the first comment was, “Have you been working out, you are all sweaty”! I explained that I had been working in the back yard. Tom said, “You are retired, you should not need to work”. I explained, the difference between being employed and retired is, “I don’t get paid but I still have to work”.

            No schedule! It is difficult for senior citizens to be off their schedule.
During school I took the Gabi to school each morning and I would pick up the Alex after school. As scheduled!
When school ended, I was taking the Alex to Cub Scout day camp each morning, and picked him up each afternoon.  As scheduled!
Then, when the day camp was over, I would go to my son’s house each morning and feed the fish and check on the  other animals, returning in the afternoon and feeding again. As schedule!
That has all ended and I don’t have a schedule. What should I do? Now I feel as if I need actually to do work around the Homestead. I need a schedule!

May your schedule meet your needs!

Senior retired non-scheduled person; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: