Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

More things 06/12/2019

            Well let’s see, what happened Monday. It was supposed to be a cool, cloudy, and a windy day. It was cool that morning, and it was windy all day, but the clouds left about half way through the day. I did get a bunch of the weeds and grass out of the old black berry patch. I did not get to the new patch. Donna cut some dead rose bushes and other unwanted plants.
            I re-hung one of Donna’s things, I don’t know what it is called but it has all new rope. We worked in the yard a lot today since the weather is cooler than normal. I noticed that the ground appeared to be dry, as there are crack starting to show up. I decided to allow the sprinkler system in the front yard to run on schedule Tuesday morning. The sprinkler system waters the flowers, so I don’t have to drag out the hose and do it manually.
            The sprinklers in the back yard are not what we expected. If I would have known more about sprinkler systems when they were installed, it would have been done differently. I have a plan to install an above ground sprinkler system in the flower beds along the back of the house.
            I know there is someone saying, you can’t install an above ground sprinkler system it would look awful! I now have an above ground system installed in an area about 40 x 8 feet. It works as well as any professionally installed system (definition of professional, they are paid for working and that makes them pros, it does not make them proficient at their job)! My above ground system is only seen when it is spraying water, the system can be camouflaged.
            My plan would be to rework the present above ground system, and add about 50 more feet of pipe. The new system would water the flower beds and about eight feet of grass along the front of the beds. Non-Charitable Donations will be accepted, they should be sent as gift cards of $500 to the Fords Homestead, identified as “For the new sprinkler system”.
            If I get the planned above ground sprinklers installed, I will have spent less than $50.00, that is, if I don’t have to go to one of those hardware stores.
            I did get a photo of a flower out on the back 40. Click to exaggerate.
                                               
            I now have two homes to keep an eye on during the absence of the families who live there. One of the homes has a little frog. I check the water every day, and every other day I feed Francis the Frog.
            I was calling the Frog Frank, until I was told that he, is a she. Anyway, Francis likes little worms. I take a little worm from the worm box, yes there is a worm box, and put it in with Francis, if the worm is moving, Francis will eat the worm, if the worm is laying still, she does not ingest said worm.

            We are supposed to get the flooring for the fords ole office today. When we get the flooring we are supposed to call the installer. It would be nice to get the floor replaced in the Ford’s so-called office. I would like to have my desk and the rest of my items back in place.
            You should feel sorry for me, I am not only off my normal schedule, I don’t have the security of my ole office area. Heck, this morning I did not get out of bed until 6:00 am. I haven’t slept that late in years. Tres and Charlie were also sleeping! What is going on?

I need a cup of coffee, gota go!

May you stay on schedule and your surroundings be unchanged!

Unscheduled senior person; Don Ford    

           


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: