Translate

Monday, June 24, 2019

Change, will it work 06/24/2019

            Now that summer is here, and we have had the longest day of the year, are the days getting shorter? I hate to say this, but if the days are getting shorter that means that winter is on its way.
            This posting has nothing to do with the weather, so let’s get to the actual subject, change will it work? Here at the Ford homestead we occasionally have situations that we would like to change. Now I know it is difficult for you to believe this, but sometimes we are less than enthusiastic when it comes to change, even if it is something your spouse has been complaining about for several months.
            The problem was with Tres. He had a tendency to jump up on the door that goes from the Ford’s ole office into the garage, he would do this any time I went out without him. When he jumped on the door, his feet would slide down the door and scrape paint from the door. The paint scrapings would for some reason stick to the ole floor, and the CEO at the Homestead would complain that she had to scrape them up from the ole floor.
            Now that was the problem that I kind of ignored for quite a while. One day I was allowed to paint the cabinets, walls, and door in the Ford’s ole office because we were going to get a new floor. It was suggested that we need to do something to keep the Tres from scraping the paint off the newly painted door. The CEO decided that we should put a clear plastic sheet on the door, which would keep the door from getting scratched if the Tres jumped on it.
            Now you see the change that I have been forced, I mean have been allowed to make. The CEO priced a single sheet of plastic cut to our requirements, but that was too expensive for a senior retired couple on a fixed income. We looked around and found the plastic that we could afford, but it would be two sheets instead of one. I would need to do some modifying too the plastic and then install the sheets.
            Here is the conundrum, the Tres has not been jumping on the door since it was painted, but we already have the plastic. Why has the Tres stopped jumping on the door? I believe he has learned, if the door is not shut good he can push it open with his head. He now tries to push the door open rather than jump on the door.
            We made the change, we put the plastic on the door, but the change hasn’t worked because the culprit changed. Spent the money for the plastic for nothing!
            When I was installing the plastic sheets on the door, there was another modification. Photo to follow


                                                                           
            My spouse of 5 decades purchased the letters for the door. She had also purchased me a Tee shirt not too long ago, with the word Ford on it. Do you think she is doing this in an effort to help, “A poor ole senior retired person remember his name”?
            If you click on the photo you can see a larger version of the blue square hanging on the door. It is a very true statement!
            Danger in the refrigerator!
            I had thought about writing a short story about, “Danger in the refrigerator”. What are the dangers in the fridge, and why would I write about them? That is a good question, and if you will stay with me for a few minutes, I will attempt to enlighten you, the reading public.
            Yes. I know some of you can’t read and you just look at the photos, but as this renowned author has stated in the past, “A photo is worth 379 words”! Ok, maybe I hadn’t stated that in the past, but now that you have read it, it is in the past, so the statement is now correct. 
            What? No, I don’t have a photo of a fridge with dangers in it! Don’t get ahead of me. Your interruptions make this short article mush longer. Now, if I may return to the subject, “Danger in the refrigerator”, you will be enlightened.
            Last night, I believe it was about 11:30pm, I had been sleeping for some time when the Ford’s ole cell phone rang. I answered the phone and there was the, “Cry for help”, or maybe it was, “A request for assistance”. Either way I was needed. I had learned that a jar of strawberry jelly had been found to be dangerous, and did cause my son David to need to go to the emergency room.
            I know, it sounds unbelievable that a jar of jelly would cause my son to need emergency care. I popped out of bed and quickly dressed. I drove over to another Ford homestead where I loaded Dave into the Ford’s ole pickup and headed for the emergency room.
            The doctor who saw David turned out to be someone he had gone to school with. We were at the emergency care facility for about 1.5 hours, although the wait seemed twice as long. Finally David emerged from the operating room in what seem to be good health.
            We again got into the Ford’s ole Chevy, not in a hurry this time, and headed for home. I advise Dave that we would call him tomorrow, I mean today since it was 1:30 am, to see how he was doing.
On a different subject; the fertilizer here at the Ford’s homestead (fertilizer is equal to BS) must be good, as the blooms on the bush near where I sit in the afternoons are pretty. Photo to follow, a photo is worth 379 words!

                                              
            What! Oh I see, you need a little more information about the dangers of the strawberry jelly. It seems that David had gone to the fridge to put something back in the fridge. The Jelly jar fell out and hit his foot. He received a cut that required stitches, so I took him to the doctor.

Be careful with those jars, they can hurt you!

Senior first responder; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: