Translate

Friday, June 14, 2019

Water not lest ye be wet 06/14/2019

            Thinking about my plan to create a better sprinkler system in the back yard, than the so-called Pros did, I changed a couple heads I had laying around. Having a 360 degree sprinkler head at the edge of the flower bed provides water for the flowers and between 8 and 10 feet out in the yard. That part of the plan will work!
            As I surveyed the above ground sprinklers I had a thought. I know, some of my thoughts are way out there, and this one is also. The professionally installed sprinkler heads are the type that spray a stream, as the heads turn back and forth attempting to cover a large area. My thought was, why not replace some or all the heads with the type I have in the front yard. The heads in the front yard spray 90, 180, 270, 360 degrees, or anywhere in between. The 360 degrees covers about a 15 foot circle.
            Changing those heads in the underground system, would obviously affect my plan for the above ground system, as some of the underground heads are in good locations. I am so glad you brought this up, I mean I am glad I had this idea!
            I decided to run the professionally installed system, so I could see where the heads are, and what each head covered. After this investigation I decided to leave those heads as they are, for now. After the install of, “The Ford above ground system,” I will re-evaluate the in ground system. Why am I telling you all of this? This is for my benefit, you are not required to read this!
            New subject: floor for the fords ole office has arrived and the installer said they would be here tomorrow morning. That means I will need to remove any and all items that are on the floor. I have a ton of wires for the security cameras that will need to be secured and out of the way. My computer will be down until they finish, unless I decide to set it up on the Ford’s ole desk, out in the garage. The Fords would have a garage office and not a garage sale!
            Different subject: here at the Ford’s Homestead we planted a couple gourds in hopes of getting a couple to use for bird houses. Gourd plants have a tendency to climb on anything. In the following photo, if you look at it, you will see what I consider to be an aggressive gourd plant. This plant had climbed up the fence post, which is at the end of the black berry patch, and then reached what appears to be a couple feet to a tree limb.
                                               
            I think it would be interesting to see a gourd hanging out of that little Live Oak Tree! I am happy the gourd did not grow into the black berries like the gourd at the new black berry patch did. I will have a lot of work removing the gourd vines from the black berries this fall.
            Another photo from the same area is of a wise ole owl. He was placed there last year to help keep the birds away. He worked initially but the birds learned fairly quickly that he is a dummy. I know, since I called it a Dummy, you think it is related to me (second cousin)!

                                              
            Today is Friday, the floor installer is supposed to be here about 8:30. I have already checked both of the homes (friends on vacation) this morning, I have gone to the past employer and picked up my retiree order, and I have been messing around here on the computer. Heck I have done more this morning that you might do all day!

Well it is coffee time and the installer should be here in a few minutes.

May you be as industrious as I am, or maybe you will get some work done!

Senior retired Workaholic; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: